First wedding: I survived

Printable View

• 08-09-2004, 09:32 PM
    schrackman
    Excellent work, Nat!!! You did such a fine job you just can't quit at one wedding. Like everything else, it requires patience, skill and technique, and you seem to on the way to becoming a wonderful wedding photog. I'm impressed!

Ray
  • 08-09-2004, 09:36 PM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schrackman
    Excellent work, Nat!!! You did such a fine job you just can't quit at one wedding. Like everything else, it requires patience, skill and technique, and you seem to on the way to becoming a wonderful wedding photog. I'm impressed!

Ray

working on the patience...need a lot more skill(where's that manual)...technique I'm comfy with...so 1 1/2 out of three...yeah! half way there. Thanks for looking and encouraging me Ray
  • 08-09-2004, 10:17 PM
    coloradoamigo
    You did great Natalie...
    be proud of these, excellent work. I don't take alot of people pictures, but even if I did, I'm not sure I would want to be a wedding photographer either. Probably stress me out too much. I much admire those that do shoot weddings and do them well.
    Great work!!
  • 08-10-2004, 05:13 AM
    megan
    Rude guests
    If you are the official photographer, the ambitious guests can be taken care of with a simple but firm and authoritative, "Excuse me, at this point of the wedding, I don't allow other photographers. Please wait until I am finished." I'm sure the other wedding photogs can offer more ways to deal with it. When I did my sister's wedding, I would take the picture, and 5 people would then fire off the same shot. I had to put a stop to it, but it's real sticky with your own family. This was my wedding present to them, and the well-meaning but interfering flashes got in the way of me doing my job!

Megan
  • 08-10-2004, 05:16 AM
    megan
    The photos...
    The photos are fantastic Nat! The picture of the bride and her bridemaids really takes the cake. Nice photojournalist style, and I like the casual, relaxed, happy posed shots. Good candids too.

Megan
  • 08-10-2004, 05:28 AM
    Speed
    Not Only Did You Survive...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    and a couple more

But you did quite well!

There now, that wasn't so bad, was it?

:-O

Great job Nat!
  • 08-11-2004, 01:24 PM
    Clicker
    I'm Curious as to how you planned, alerted and executed the above the group shot..... And was it Before the ceremony began, or after? :)

Did you just climb up there and "holler"
    what's the scoop?
    Rachel
  • 08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clicker
    I'm Curious as to how you planned, alerted and executed the above the group shot..... And was it Before the ceremony began, or after? :)

Did you just climb up there and "holler"
    what's the scoop?
    Rachel

It was actually during the ceremony...the bride had wanted a shot that encompassed a good portion of the guests(there is actually a second part to this with another 100 smiling waving people-lol) yes that's a total of roughly 200(give or take seated guests) and the introduction by a friend and two songs(5 minutes into it) I had to haul butt up two long flights of stairs thru a ballroom to this terrace to hear him say and now if everyone could look up and wave....

I did have to holler to keep on waving and smiling to get the second part...which gave me a few to pick some since it cracked everyone up
    :rolleyes: :D
  • 08-11-2004, 09:25 PM
    mikehulsebus
    Wow lemme just chime in and say that the bridesmaid shot is really cool and different. I also really like the one of the whole wedding party. I've looked at wedding photographers portfolios and i haven't seen that done. Nice.
  • 08-12-2004, 04:21 AM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    But you did quite well!

There now, that wasn't so bad, was it?

:-O

Great job Nat!

starting to feel better and I have sought out advice and will be talking to the gentleman on Sunday at church....(shudders)...thanks
    :D
  • 08-12-2004, 04:29 AM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    The photos are fantastic Nat! The picture of the bride and her bridemaids really takes the cake. Nice photojournalist style, and I like the casual, relaxed, happy posed shots. Good candids too.

Megan

Thanks Megan... I have others I'll be posting...I was very excited about them---well once I stopped freaking out :D
  • 08-12-2004, 04:32 AM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by berrywise

Thank you for sharing,
    scott

thanks for looking....sadly this is her second wedding because she lost her hubby about 8 years back...I'm so thrilled she found joy again..
  • 08-12-2004, 04:35 AM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoamigo
    be proud of these, excellent work. I don't take alot of people pictures, but even if I did, I'm not sure I would want to be a wedding photographer either. Probably stress me out too much. I much admire those that do shoot weddings and do them well.
    Great work!!

I love people and "doing" people related shots...I had a guest at the wedding, who is also a friend...comment on how much in my element I appeared that there was a mrked difference in my personailty that she had never seen. Photography and people ---it fits for me.....

thanks for looking
  • 08-12-2004, 04:37 AM
    natatbeach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikehulsebus
    Wow lemme just chime in and say that the bridesmaid shot is really cool and different. I also really like the one of the whole wedding party. I've looked at wedding photographers portfolios and i haven't seen that done. Nice.

I have one of the groomsmen I'm really fond of descending in the opposite direction... I really enjoyed doing this and there was an emotional connection to the subject s that made it easier...it'll be interesting to see if I do one that's not friend related how different the feel might be...wonder???
    ;)
  • 08-12-2004, 06:01 AM
    megan
    That's one reason I don't do weddings
    I hypervenhilate until I get the film back.
    Another is - I don't play well with others and I get b**cy real fast.

Megan