ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Pentax Forum Moderator

Cool A week of PURCHASES!!!

Well, we finally closed on the house, after 2 days of putting out fires, on Thursday afternoon about 3pm...whew...I think loan companies love to see borrowers jump through hoops!!! But it's finally ours...pics will follow with my final purchase of this week...to follow...
    Today, the wife and I paid bills, went grocery shopping and restocked all the bare cupboards, and went partial Christmas shopping. My christmas gift.....a Sony DRX-810UL DVD+/-R 16X DVD recorder (to store all my pics on from my new camera, to follow)...My wifes gift, so far, has been the new Civilization IV game ( which I will probably get more use out of...hahaha). Well, while looking at the various DVDR's, the games, and the cameras on display...she slipped...and said...while I was looking at the Canon S2 IS, "I'll buy that for you, but not the big one (meaning a DSLR). We were at Best Buy and they were out of stock, so, I came home, with her statement reeling in my head and began researching, browsing, dreaming, debating, debauchering...oops...no not that one...it comes later!!! hahaha...
    Anyway...after many hours of racking the brain, I accidentally stumbled onto the Ritz Camera site...and lo and behold....The Nikon Coolpix 8400....$399.00!!! That's $500.00 off!!! Well, a quick post here, a quick email to Photo John and an equally quick reply from him.......and I'm now sitting on pins and needles waiting for the delivery truck!!!! I also got a 1Gig Lexar Professional Series 80X CF Mem. card...I will be looking into more accessories as soon as the wallet heals up a bit...hehe...Guess I now have to join the Nikon Samurai's.....hehehe...but I'm definitely keeping my Kodak!!!!!!
    The End!!! hehehe
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Re: A week of PURCHASES!!!

You trader!!!

Coolpix are neat cameras, and have very nice macros. Congrats on your new purchases.

As for the Kodak thing. Well, I'm now a Minolta Man, but if you look in my bag, you'll see I'm still a Kodak Kid at heart

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Hey Ken, I just checked out the cool pix at B&H and it looks like a pretty nice camera. Congrats on the house, and the new toys to go with it! Looks like you got a great deal on it too!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

That's a great camera, and great deal. I have the 5000 which is two generations older, and the 8400 adds a lot to it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Wow Ken!! New house and a new camera all at the same time. I know you will love that Coolpix, they have some great features and I've seen some wonderful images from them. Can't wait to see some from you.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information