ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Ghost

First "real" photos I've posted in a loooongg time

By "real", I just mean not the regular family stuff I usually post. I just bought a 1.4 teleconverter and finally had some time today to test it out. It's very nice I must say!

Here's a couple photos from the 20 or so test shots I took. All 10D, 70-200L f4 at 200mm. Handheld, 1600 ISO with 1.4 teconvertor (around 1/750 second shutter or so). I'm pretty happy with the resuls of this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First "real" photos I've posted in a loooongg time-web1.jpg   First "real" photos I've posted in a loooongg time-web2.jpg  

Frequent Lurker

Nice job

Trevor,

Isn't it fun to have new toys, um, I mean tools.

First photo- Nice separation of the background with your chosen f-stop and use of a longer lens. Colors are pleasing to my eye.

Second photo- This is my favorite of the two. I like the simplicity of the photo along with the fine detail of the bark and flower. Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,

SJ

Liz

Smile I've wondered

about the 1.4 teleconverter and if it would compromise the optical quality.

Well, I have my answer. These are beautiful, clean, sharp, great color. No compromise here. They are both excellent, but the 2nd one is awesome. It's simple but the beauty of the flower against the wood really stands out.

Thanks for posting. I have one L lens - the Canon 200mm/f2.8 which is also a beautiful lens. Sometimes the results almost take my breath away - like your 2nd one here.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    By "real", I just mean not the regular family stuff I usually post. I just bought a 1.4 teleconverter and finally had some time today to test it out. It's very nice I must say!

Here's a couple photos from the 20 or so test shots I took. All 10D, 70-200L f4 at 200mm. Handheld, 1600 ISO with 1.4 teconvertor (around 1/750 second shutter or so). I'm pretty happy with the resuls of this

Thread Information