The family grew today

Printable View

• 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM
    JSPhoto
    4 Attachment(s)
    The family grew today
    Well the family grew today with the addition of this little guy who is fearless to say the least. I need a name for him and so far the only one I have come up with is Rambo because he no qualms about instantly going after Cassie and trying to show the 110lb monster who's boss. He didn't waste his time with the 20lb cat Hermy who is almost 3 times his size, no, he went after the one 100 times his size. He's a spunky thing that was dumped behind a friends house and I think he is part Pitbull and Chow, he's black and brown with white chest and pink and black tounge. If turned over to the dhelter in Indy they would euthanise him because they don't want either breed in the city. Cassie is part Rot and Pitbull which may be why they get along so well, she's already acting like his "mommy".

Any name ideas welcomed, hopefully I'll decide on one tomorrow.

John
  • 12-11-2007, 07:30 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: The family grew today
    He's pointing in that last one! He's damn cute! Call him Cutejo :-D
  • 12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
    mn shutterbug
    You could call him Lucky, because thanks to you, he definitely is.
  • 12-11-2007, 08:18 PM
    Photo-John
    That last photo looks like weiner mixed with pit. That would be funny.
  • 12-11-2007, 08:30 PM
    Frog
    My favorite dog name is Guess.
    From an old western but I don't remember the one but the guy kept asking the family what the dog's name was and they'd say, "Guess".
    He finally figured it out at the end.
  • 12-11-2007, 08:40 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    That last photo looks like weiner mixed with pit. That would be funny.

Actually I saw one and it was UGLY! The first shot looks like he's part Rat so who knows :)

John
  • 12-12-2007, 05:15 AM
    AmberC
    Awww!! Hes so cute!! Looks like hes gonna be brindle! What a sweet heart!!

Amber
  • 12-12-2007, 05:45 AM
    Alison
    When I read the title I thought I was going to see a new camera or lens haha

What a little sweetie! Cute shots!
  • 12-12-2007, 06:29 AM
    Old Timer
    Hope he makes a great new addition to your family John. All God's creatures need someone to love them.
  • 12-12-2007, 07:06 AM
    JSPhoto
    lol, he's cute now.....I wonder how big this one will get? Just what I needed, second garbage disposal, this guy eats a lot, and amazingly Cassie lets him eat from HER dish but won't let the cat near it. Of course the cat needs a diet....
    And there won't be any new camera gear for a long time as I now have more vet bills and food bills. So far everyone is getting along, although I didn't get much sleep last night :eek:

John
  • 12-12-2007, 07:17 AM
    I_Fly
    Cute little addition John. I've got a soft spot for dogs and love to see people rescue and/or adopt strays and "undesirables". As if there's such a thing as an undesirable pup. I think we should expect to see the occasional updates as he grows up. :)
  • 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
    JETA
    He's so cute JS! We are getting a puppy too. After months of waiting he/she was born on 12-1.

I think you have the mix down right. I totally see both.

No clue on names, but I'd love to see some pics of him with Cassie.
  • 12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA
    He's so cute JS! We are getting a puppy too. After months of waiting he/she was born on 12-1.

I think you have the mix down right. I totally see both.

No clue on names, but I'd love to see some pics of him with Cassie.

lol, me too but he won't leave Cassies teats alone long enough for me to get a shot of them together... and Cassie knows to run and hide when the camera comes out :eek: Yeah, this mix ought to be interesting :rolleyes:

John
  • 12-12-2007, 11:50 AM
    JSPhoto
    I think I have a name for the new creature.......

GIZMO!

Why, because he sounds like those crazy Gremlins in the movie Gremlins, especially when put into his cage so the cat and Cassie can get a nap..... now if I could get some sleep :confused:

JS
  • 12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
    jorgemonkey
    He is cute!

My band teacher had a dog named "Damn It!" That way whenever he swore he could blame it on the dog :)
  • 12-12-2007, 12:55 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    He is cute!

My band teacher had a dog named "Damn It!" That way whenever he swore he could blame it on the dog :)

If I did that the dogs and cat wouldn't know which one I was yelling at :eek: as it is Cassie and Hermy both run when I say that or or "similar" :rolleyes:

JS
  • 12-12-2007, 01:36 PM
    JETA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    I think I have a name for the new creature.......

GIZMO!

Why, because he sounds like those crazy Gremlins in the movie Gremlins, especially when put into his cage so the cat and Cassie can get a nap..... now if I could get some sleep :confused:

JS

I think Gizmo is cute! Rambo gets a big thumbs down from me.
  • 12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mn shutterbug
    You could call him Lucky, because thanks to you, he definitely is.

Heck yeah! Kudos...
  • 12-13-2007, 02:16 AM
    readingr
    JS

Nice one - his paws don't look that big in the pics so he may not grow huge but, then you can't see them clearly.

Loads of respect for rescuing him. All my dogs have been from rescue centres and never had any problems with them, except for Meggie who so far has killed 3 hedgehogs and 4 birds, and all have been partly eaten, and she still eats all of the food that we give her and puts no weight on. She's a Welsh Terrier.

Can't wait to see the three of them together.

Roger
  • 12-13-2007, 10:09 AM
    JSPhoto
    Everyone said Cassie would be small....but she is 110lbs so I think a lot has to do with what you feed them. I have used nothing but puppy food for all my puppies and it's like giving them Miracle grow :eek:
    Ok, time break up a wrestling match...

JS
  • 12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
    Tel
    You haven't named him?

I know someone who named there dog Nikon.

You should go with Canon, thats a pretty good name to me
  • 12-13-2007, 02:13 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tel
    You haven't named him?

I know someone who named there dog Nikon.

You should go with Canon, thats a pretty good name to me

Yeah, I named him yesterday... Gizmo cause he's just like the Gremilins in the movie Gremlins.. even sounds like them :)

JS
  • 12-13-2007, 06:26 PM
    Photo-John
    Huh?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgemonkey

That's not swearing.
  • 12-14-2007, 06:43 AM
    Speed
    Any name ideas welcomed
    Well, it obviously has to be something hyper-masculine, like Butch, Killer, Conan, Thor,...you get the idea.

He is a cute guy!
  • 12-14-2007, 10:33 AM
    fred333
    That is a great looking puppy.