The family grew today

Printable View

• 02-22-2008, 06:07 PM
    ChowChi-Ching
    Re: The family grew today
    Just wanted to say he is a cutie!

Knowing dogs, I would highly say that it looks like a shar pei/pit cross......

The ears are very shar pei and the face is very pit. I love both breeds, especially pits.
  • 02-22-2008, 06:12 PM
    ChowChi-Ching
    Also wanted to mention that Shar Peis also have purple tongues.....Chows and Shar Peis are the only two breeds that do. I own a chow, and would HIGHLY say that your dog does not have chow in him.....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rsSnow2-08.jpg
  • 02-27-2008, 11:59 AM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChowChi-Ching
    Just wanted to say he is a cutie!

Knowing dogs, I would highly say that it looks like a shar pei/pit cross......

The ears are very shar pei and the face is very pit. I love both breeds, especially pits.

Three vets have seen him and all three say Chow, although one did say we'ed know for sure in a few months. Cassie didn't look Pit at all until she was around a year old, even now though a quick look at Cassie and you'd think she is "just Rot".

I do know Mr Gizmo has an attitude and it's his way or else..... so HE thinks! :D

JS
  • 02-27-2008, 02:16 PM
    rylan
    nice puppy call him

Photog :D haha
  • 02-27-2008, 07:14 PM
    ChowChi-Ching
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Three vets have seen him and all three say Chow, although one did say we'ed know for sure in a few months. Cassie didn't look Pit at all until she was around a year old, even now though a quick look at Cassie and you'd think she is "just Rot".

I do know Mr Gizmo has an attitude and it's his way or else..... so HE thinks! :D

JS

Well, I will still keep my money on Shar pei but it doesn't matter. I actually definitely would have put your other dog as a mix, but again, I know dogs very well. Regardless, they are both cute.
  • 02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rylans700
    nice puppy call him

Photog :D haha

Poser may be better as he's always posing for the camera.....

JS
  • 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
    JSPhoto
    Well Gizmo got his last shots of the year today, and as usual he had gained more weight. As I figured he was over 40lbs, 41.4 to be exact. The vet still thinks he's a cute and sweet little monster :D Gizmo just wanted to play while he got his shots, and didn't care for the treats, although he did finally eat them. He was wound up bigtime today.

JS
  • 03-06-2008, 07:04 AM
    JSPhoto
    3 Attachment(s)
    I had to work on a lens so of course I just had to try it out on Gizmo and Cassie. The lens is a cheap Vivitar 19-35mm thats got mount issues and it only has manual focus now. I really hate it but I'll need it Saturday as I have two basketball games and will have ro do some team shots. Anyway it gave me a chance to do something different.
    Aren't they cute :D

JS
  • 03-11-2008, 11:57 PM
    JSPhoto
    Sick puppy...kind of...
    Well here is something I haven't run into before. Last Monday the 3rd Gizmo went to get his last vaccination which included rabies. Saturday I noticed a small lump between his shoulders where he had the injections. It turns out he has had a reaction to the stuff. It's not a serious reaction according to the vet but he has a golfball size lump there rgat almost makes him look like he has a camels hump on his neck. :( As bad as it looks though it isn't causing any discomfort, he still plays hard and eats well :) so the vet isn't too concerned at the moment. He still lays on his back for a tummy rub and it doesn't seem to faze him, almost as if he doesn't know it's there,

Now however there is a problem, he can't have the rabies shot anymore, the vet has to write a letter to the county to get him exempt from the rabies vaccine from now on as it could kill him the next time around :eek: The problem is the county doesn't like the "pitbull breed" to begin with, and I'm in a rural area with lots of critters running around here including raccoons and lots and lots of mice, occasionally a red fox or coyote too. So who knows what the county will say about it. In the meantime the vet suggested having lots of people around him to get him well socialized, which he is anyway, he even knows the FEDEX drivers and UPS drivers who stop here. And, if the county rejects the exemption he said "we" would take him to the county officials and show them he isn't a danger. Oddly enough, even though he can't get the rabies vaccination I still will have to pay for the license :confused: Whats wrong with this picture??

JS