ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Holy Cow!!

Holy Cow!!

I've just finished my second day as a staff photographer at Chapel of the Flowers in Las Vegas ( http://www.littlechapel.com/ ). And I can say this, wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!! I shot weddings and I've shot sports for a wire service where I have tight deadlines. But nothing can prepare a photographer for shooting a wedding every hour for a full eight hour day! Luckily, I'm still in training and today I didn't actually shoot any ceremonies (I shot second shooter for four the other day though). Our minimum shoot would include 80 edited images ready for sale (minimum) all the way up to 300 with web galleries and 4x6s going to print before the end of the day.

I'll admit I was definitely a bit freaked out with the pace and trying to keep track of it all after my first day. Today everything didn't seem so crazy and I had the opportunity to work with two more talented photographers that made everything seem a little easier.

I'll get some shots up one of these days -- maybe tomorrow.

mbb

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Holy Cow!!

You make me so glad I'm not in it for the money.......though I wouldn't mind selling a print once in a while.
    I hope you do well.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Well that looks like a tiring gig!
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    Well that looks like a tiring gig!
    It's totally crazy -- but I figure I'll learn more shooting there in a few months than I could learn on my own in several years. It is fun though. The people are nice (both those that work there and the couples getting married). It's just a weekend gig and I'll see if it works out better than youth sports league shooting on weekends. I have a couple of months before the fall leagues start.

mbb

I finished day three tonight.

My day:
    9:30 am Arrive and fill out employment and tax paperwork
    10:00-10:45 am Shot wedding as second shooter

12:00 - 12:40pm Shot wedding as primary (senior photographer there to guide and assist) Groom was drunk and wanted to stay that way. Photo shoot ended a few minutes early because couple wanted to seek out a "drink" and get naked.

1:00-2:00 pm Lunch

2:00-5:00 pm post processing training (watched while others went through the process)

5:45-6:40 pm Shot my first solo wedding at the chapel. Fun but I missed a couple of shots that I need to get next time.

6:50-10:00 Sort and post process 262 images down to 109 images including 6 custom effects shots. Once I get to know the system this should take less than 45 minutes.

10:10 Submit my end of day report -- and head for home.

So in the three days I've worked there I've shot some part of 10 weddings. :thumbsup:

mbb

Thread Information