Explain your login name

Printable View

• 07-07-2007, 09:49 AM
    mn shutterbug
    2 Attachment(s)
    Explain your login name
    Many of the members here have pretty strange and unusual login names, and I just thought it would be interesting to hear from some of you what prompted these names.

I'll start. I live in Minnesota and I like to scroll portraits out of baltic birch or oak plywood. I glue black acrylic to the back, which shows where the wood has been cut out. A couple I've designed myself and others I've got from a free scroll saw pattern site. Here are a couple examples of ones I've designed myself. The walleye came from a public domain site and my grandson came from my own photo, of course. Who is next? C'mon, don't be shy. :rolleyes:
  • 07-07-2007, 10:15 AM
    Xia_Ke
    Re: Explain your login name
    Good idea for a thread Mike. Actually had a couple people ask me about mine lately. I collect Chinese and Japanese swords, or at least I did when funds allowed for it :o My handle stems from that. Translated, xia ke means chivalrous swordsman ;)

Aaron
  • 07-07-2007, 10:20 AM
    Franglais
    Franglais
    Franglais (pronounced Fronglay) is slang word that combines two French words :

- Francais (French)
    - Anglais (English)

It's vaguely negative - all these people who speak French but with lots of fashionable US-English words dropped in. It sounds awful.

I am English but I've been in France for more than 20 years. I shall never be French - just can't bring myself to do the accent - but I have assimilated French attitudes. I have French body language (have to sit on my hands when I'm in the UK to avoid waving them about).
  • 07-07-2007, 10:29 AM
    walterick
    A hot chicky friend in college took to calling me "Walterick" after my birth name Walter and my nickname Rick.
  • 07-07-2007, 10:46 AM
    swmdrayfan
    Until they were sold and moved, I was a fan and photographer for the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays........swmdrayfan.
  • 07-07-2007, 11:01 AM
    Frog
    I used to collect frog related figures and art and acquired the nickname from guys in a little barn band.
  • 07-07-2007, 12:37 PM
    Didache
    Didache (pronounced Did-ah-kay) is Greek for "teaching". It purports to be the Teaching of the Apostles, although it can be dated anywhere between 70AD and the late 3rd C. As I am a minister, it seemed appropriate. The Wikipedia article on it is at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didache

Cheers
    Mike
  • 07-07-2007, 03:38 PM
    livin4lax09
    I played lacrosse all through high school and a bit in college, and it was essentially my life. lax=lacrosse, and 9 was my number, but 09 is classier. so "living for lacrosse 09"
  • 07-07-2007, 03:52 PM
    Medley
    Medley is a term that describes my life as aptly as my artistic endeavors. One accepts input and influence from many different sources and combines them to create a unique style and sense of purpose.

- Joe U.
  • 07-07-2007, 05:00 PM
    JETA
    Great question!

My login name is JETA. JETA is the first initial of the names of the 4 most important people I used to have in my life. My Grandparents.
  • 07-07-2007, 05:23 PM
    Greg McCary
    Originaly mine was going to be Cosmonaut. My step daughter took over my e-bay account and changed my original e-bay ID there to Cosmonaut. But I entered my real name in the wrong place when I registered here and I just let it stay. I started to ask the Mods how big of a deal it would be to change it, but everyone knows me by Greg so. It stays.
  • 07-08-2007, 07:27 AM
    mjs1973
    My initials and the year I was born. Not nearly as inspirational or interesting as some of the others here. :)
  • 07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
    SmartWombat
    2 Attachment(s)
    I'm a wombat, and I drive a Smart car.

Well, there is a little resemblance :)
  • 07-08-2007, 11:22 AM
    polarbeardiggers
    I created my name for geocaching, before getting type 2 diabetes,my favorite thing was coke a cola,thus referring to those cool polarbears drinking coke,around the christmas season, and in reference to digging up hidden treasure, thus the polarbeardiggers,referring to my son and I, i did not create my avatar,that was sent to by email,as to annoy me by disgruntled geocacher,which i used to tease.now that i found a new hobby i just did not feel right giving up such a cool name. sounds corney eh!
  • 07-08-2007, 12:20 PM
    JETA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I'm a wombat, and I drive a Smart car.

Well, there is a little resemblance :)

LOL! You are funny PAul! :)
  • 07-08-2007, 03:28 PM
    adina
    ummm....my mommy picked it?
  • 07-08-2007, 05:19 PM
    mn shutterbug
    OK adina, I'm not going to let you off the hook that easy. Explain "Princess of the OT".
  • 07-08-2007, 06:06 PM
    JZweco
    jzweco -
    j - first letter first name
    z - first letter last name
    WECO - acronym for company I have been working for, for the last 13 years.
  • 07-08-2007, 11:52 PM
    Jimmy B
    Jimmy B = Nobody can pronounce my last name correctly " Bucher"
    It is a German name if somebody wants to give it a shot?
  • 07-09-2007, 04:22 AM
    Xia_Ke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B

I will say I'm sorry in advance but, how about "bü-ker"? Now's your chance to get even... No one can ever seem to pronounce my last name correctly either. My last name is Lehoux. Give that one a whirl, and don't worry, I've heard them all :wink:
  • 07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
    adina
    Princess of the OT? That's courtesy of Rick. Refers to my moderator status, and the tiara that was bestowed upon me by Nat for self-portraits.
  • 07-09-2007, 05:55 AM
    JZweco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy B

Pronounced Booker?:confused:
  • 07-09-2007, 08:05 AM
    Jimmy B
    JZ the winner
    Lehoux = laahu ?
    Good thread
    Jimmy B
  • 07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
    Xia_Ke
    Pretty much... it's la-hoo :)
  • 07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
    another view
    The old version of this site had a view count next to the title, so whenever I looked at a thread, I was just another view. Groan...