ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Explain your login name

Quote Originally Posted by starriderrick
    Great thread... I was listening to an old Foreigner album one day.The song "Starrider" was playing. Oh, I've been riding motorcycles since ?I was 5...

Cheers,Rick
    HA, I always pronounced your name as starry derrick. Weird how we see words and miss it all together.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Mine stems from my first permanent internet email address. The domain name is cyber-wizard and I wanted a usename that fit the scheme. A lot of the cyberXXXX names were taken but cyberLORD was available so I signed up with it. I have used it pretty much since for most of my online accounts. For some reason I used my last name first name letter for my yahoo account and that is why my flickr name is different. I think I used my name initial because I had my resume on my yahoo geocities webpage and didn't want cyberlord there for professional reasons.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

I started riding road a lot training for mountain bike races, so my buddies switched my nickname to Roadrage. I was at a gathering with other riders and a few were cops so they started calling me Felony. Felony stuck a lot better than Roadrage.

GB1

GB is my initials
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Mine should be self explanatory. And you can tell I'm more of a computer geek than a photographer by the fact that I use the "_" instead of a space...
    tink ewe belly mooch

I invite your casual attention to my family Photo Site

A former colleage started playing around with variations on my name Simon. She came up with skiman which when looking for a handle that wasn't actually my name for a different message board converted it to skyman most people take it to mean sky man. the other handle i have been known to use when skyman is taken (which is suprisingly rare) is fewfighter. it actually stems from the wish to use the name foo fighter as in the band. foofighter was taken so i spelt it few. i occasionally have to join the 2 to foosky but that is rarely used now. incidentally only my colleageus and my fiance call me simon everyone else calls me Simmo which seems to fit better. to the point where i was introducing myself oneday as Simon and a friend said "no you are Simmo!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information