• 09-19-2010, 10:52 AM
    Photo-John
    3 Attachment(s)
    Early Fall Hike With A Twist
    Yesterday Jenni and I went on an early fall hike in Mill Creek Canyon, just out of Salt Lake City. The maples are really looking good and it was a beautiful day for a hike. The trail we did starts in the canyon and works its way up through deep forest and then out to a point that looks west over Salt Lake City and the Great Salt Lake. The view is a spectaculer payoff.
  • 09-19-2010, 10:57 AM
    Photo-John
    2 Attachment(s)
    The Twist
    Here's the fun part. I set the time on the little point-and-shoot I was carrying (brand new Canon PowerShot SD4500 IS) for a picture of the two of us. I missed the timer but right after the picture was taken I pulled something out of my pocket and handed it to Jenni, catching her completely by surprise :D
  • 09-19-2010, 11:21 AM
    Photo-John
    3 Attachment(s)
    Some Studio Shots
    Of course, I had to take some studio photos of my beautiful girl and her beautiful new ring :)
  • 09-19-2010, 11:31 AM
    Photo-John
    Important Detail I Forgot
    I forgot to mention that this trail is the first hike (dirt date) we did together, about 2 1/2 years ago. So it's a symbolically important hike as well as a beautiful one.
  • 09-19-2010, 11:38 AM
    pweb
    Re: Early Fall Hike With A Twist
    Congratulations, PJ and Jenni, you two make a wonderful pair!!
  • 09-19-2010, 11:39 AM
    Liz
    Wow! Wow! Wow! What can I say! Wow!

John - I am so very happy for you and Jenni! I've been "watching" this relationship for a while! You and Jenni have been enjoying each other's company for a while now - and I was even tempted once or twice to ask if you were planning a future together (I would have sent a pm). :thumbsup:

Congratulations to both of you on this most AWESOME occasion! I actually had tears in my eyes when I read the news - and looked at those beautiful photos. What a lovely girl she is - and I just love that last photo of her with all the joy and love for you in her face.

I will pray for the both of you - keep sharing with your PR community (family) here!

:23: :23: :23:

Liz
  • 09-19-2010, 11:58 AM
    Jenni_LMT
    I am sooooo happy! I was very surprised and delighted that John chose this place to give me such a meaningful token of his love. The last time we were there was a magical time, as John said, our first "dirt date." He took his very first photos of me and we were so happy to be getting to know each other. Little did I know what would happen on that spot a couple of years down the road.

Here is one of the photos he took of me that first time posted on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photo-j...n/photostream/

This one is one of my favorites!
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...l/_MG_1709.jpg

And this one is of the two of us. Love it!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...rtDate2008.jpg

John, thanks for wanting to marry me and for making sure I got to have a ring I love. *kisses*
  • 09-19-2010, 12:09 PM
    Wolfy
    Stoked! You guys are the best. Congratulations!

-M
  • 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM
    OldClicker
    Congrats! - Terry
  • 09-19-2010, 12:46 PM
    draymorton
    Wow... twist indeed!

Great pics. And BIG congrats!!
  • 09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
    drg
    Re: Some Studio Shots
    Wishing the two of you the very best and just overall Congratulations!

(insert horn bells flashing lights etc.) :D :9:

John,
    What a great way and place to propose.

Now we want details, dates, and all that.

Jenni, that's an awesome lookiing ring. Besides the rock is that an agate inlay or what?? O.K. I'm nosy.

Again all the best wishes for happiness!!
  • 09-19-2010, 01:23 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drg
    Besides the rock is that an agate inlay or what?? O.K. I'm nosy.

It's opal, Jenni's birthstone :)
  • 09-19-2010, 05:25 PM
    patia
    Awww, what a sweet story. I figured it was only a matter of time. You two seem very happy. Congratulations!
  • 09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
    Dylan8i
    Congrats!

i was just in the tetons this weekend and the foilage wasn't nearly as dramatic, the leaves were changing just not as many as i had hoped. lots of work to do before i can post anything though ( attempting an HDR pano).
  • 09-19-2010, 06:55 PM
    armando_m
    What an original way to give her the ring! Congratulations to both of you!!
  • 09-19-2010, 07:49 PM
    dana m.
    I've also been suspecting "something was going on"....the entire story is so romantic and makes all of us women swoon (yeah I'm old I can use words like that). Take note men...this is how its done. Congratulations to you both...looks like a perfect match. BTW..the ring is breathtaking.
  • 09-19-2010, 09:05 PM
    Photo Dad
    It's a beautiful ring, and I'm happy for both of you. Do I get invited to the wedding?
  • 09-19-2010, 10:54 PM
    Jenni_LMT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo Dad
    It's a beautiful ring, and I'm happy for both of you. Do I get invited to the wedding?

Sorry, we're banning parents.
    :lol:
  • 09-20-2010, 07:18 AM
    Grandpaw
    Congratulations to both of you. John you did an excellent job picking out the ring and also on your choice of "Mrs. Captain of the Ship". Best of luck and may you experience a lifetime of happiness and adventure, Jeff
  • 09-20-2010, 07:21 AM
    CaraRose
    Congrats, PJ!
  • 09-20-2010, 08:51 AM
    Wolfy
    Opal huh. Danielle is gonna be jealous. She loves opal.

-M
  • 09-20-2010, 05:29 PM
    photo-mom
    Photo-Mom thinks Jenni will be a wonderful addition to the family (need more daughters! - we females are still outnumbered, despite addition of Maggi and Sadie . . . ) - and the fact that she brings a really pretty ring along is a little icing on the cake! (beautiful place to persuade her . . . and i like the repeat of the 'first dirt date' aspect . . . ) - love to yo both, yo momma
  • 09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
    ken1953
    Just adding my congrats here also since I already said them on FB...also...I agree...beautiful ring!!!!
  • 09-20-2010, 09:56 PM
    Photo-John
    Thanks to all of you. I am away at the annual Interbike tradeshow in Las Vegas so I won't be online much over the next few days. But I'm peaking at this occasionally on my phone :)
  • 09-21-2010, 07:58 AM
    Jenni_LMT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photo-mom
    Photo-Mom thinks Jenni will be a wonderful addition to the family (need more daughters! - we females are still outnumbered, despite addition of Maggi and Sadie . . . ) - and the fact that she brings a really pretty ring along is a little icing on the cake! (beautiful place to persuade her . . . and i like the repeat of the 'first dirt date' aspect . . . ) - love to yo both, yo momma

Thanks for your part in creating an amazing man for me to marry!