• 05-08-2007, 05:42 AM
    Loupey
    5 Attachment(s)
    Don't send a little boy to do a job that an even younger girl can do
    To the delight of everyone around, we watched this drama unfold this weekend.

First, a boy about 5 years old came this close to jumping... but declined and had a long walk back.

Next up, a girl about 3 years old - tough as nails, cute as a button. No problem :) BTW, that's her dad clinging to the post behind her.

Hope it makes you smile. Have a spectacular day!
  • 05-08-2007, 07:03 AM
    adina
    Re: Don't send a little boy to do a job that an even younger girl can do
    Too funny! That's be my youngest, it scares me how fearless she is.

Love the green shoes. I'm debating about a pair in red.
  • 05-08-2007, 07:08 AM
    mjs1973
    So were they able to prey dad's fingers off the pole and send him down the line too?
  • 05-08-2007, 07:29 AM
    Speed
    He's NEVER going to live that one down!
  • 05-08-2007, 07:45 AM
    jorgemonkey
    Thats like my niece. She is the biggest tomboy & isn't afraid of anything. She loves to get tossed around & jump off of anything
  • 05-08-2007, 09:32 AM
    PMW518
    Over the summers I work at a camp on the ropes staff, meaning I help run the zipline, climbing tower, high ropes, and all that fun stuff. Its all ways fun and amusing to watch and see who ends up being the ones that are afraid, some times not who you expect. Like the counselors being more scared than their 5th grade camper. :)

My favorite is when people talk themselves up and say how easy it is to others having a little trouble, while their feet are firmly planted on the ground, only to have more trouble when they get to the same spot.

Definitely put a smile on my face, thanks for sharing Loupey.
  • 05-08-2007, 11:34 AM
    Loupey
    1 Attachment(s)
    Adina, nice catch - I didn't even notice the shoes!

mjs1973, yeah he went down after his daughter but no one was watching we all were watching his daughter being led back :)

Speed, I think so (both the boy and father)!

jorgemonkey, thanks for looking.

PMW518, glad it made you smile. Doing is definitely different than talking. I skydived once - I talked myself out of it on the way up. Then my wife jumped so I figured I had to do it. Never tried it since.

I didn't feel too guilty posting these because I could not pay my 12 year old son to do it but my 9 year old daughter was already waiting in line.

So here's the shot from as far back and wide as I could get with my 70-200mm. The boy can still be seen heading back. The father can be barely seen :p