DIY light tent

Printable View

• 12-26-2006, 03:09 PM
    livin4lax09
    DIY light tent
    well lately I've had time on my hands that I could either spend playing video games, surfing the web, or making things! So I choose to make things. I made my own 'light tent' today for selling small things on ebay, and it came out very well. I just thought I would share this idea with everyone else, just to show how easy it is to get those ebay shots you see. This cost me absolutely nothing. already had an adorama box, tissue paper, and I just used a crap print from the darkroom flipped over as my background. check it out!

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07...to-studio.html

Here's my shot. Look at that lighting!
    http://content.imagesocket.com/image...758copyce7.jpg
  • 12-26-2006, 03:22 PM
    masdog
    Re: DIY light tent
    Looks good, Brent.
  • 04-07-2007, 10:09 PM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    I would like to see a shot of your setup.
  • 04-07-2007, 10:17 PM
    almo
    That's a great design. Looks like it works well too.

I bought mine on ebay. I chose it for size and the 4 backgrounds that came with it. I have found over the years that I am not much of a do it yourselfer. I tend to just ruin perfectly good materials.

Here is a shot from my light tent...
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...d2_1310899.jpg
  • 04-08-2007, 06:43 AM
    livin4lax09
    sure thing Tyson, I'll take a shot before I leave today!
  • 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
    livin4lax09
    1 Attachment(s)
    here you go, sorry for the low quality, i just pulled it out and snapped a quick picture while i was running out of the house. pretty simple though. 1 piece of tissue paper, a cardboard box, the back of a photo, tape, and a flash.
  • 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
    Frog
    Yeah but what's on the other side of the photo?
    Appears you've shown once again that fancy, store bought is no better than home made if you actually know what the 'thing' is supposed to do.
    Kudos to you!
  • 04-08-2007, 09:47 PM
    Tel
    I just made one, but my lamp's upstairs. So I'll be trying it out tommorow.

It doesnt look nearly as neat or big as Brent's, But hey, I just made it for fun.
  • 04-08-2007, 10:32 PM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    I bought my light tent so I could do some shots for shutter stock, so far I am not having any luck with it. I don't know if it's just too big and not enough light or what. I sure could use some help or Ideas. I wouls love to get at least 50 or so pictures accepted at shutter tock.
  • 04-09-2007, 07:39 AM
    OmahaAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson L. Sparks
    I bought my light tent so I could do some shots for shutter stock, so far I am not having any luck with it. I don't know if it's just too big and not enough light or what. I sure could use some help or Ideas. I wouls love to get at least 50 or so pictures accepted at shutter tock.

If you could, post some pics of your results. What kind of setup are you using?
  • 04-09-2007, 08:35 PM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    I am going out of town this weekend and I am going to be busy all this week but keep your eyes open I will take a few shots and post them here.
  • 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
    livin4lax09
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    Yeah but what's on the other side of the photo?
    Appears you've shown once again that fancy, store bought is no better than home made if you actually know what the 'thing' is supposed to do.
    Kudos to you!

the other side of the photo is a trash print from the darkroom. The paper is thick enough that the image doesn't show through at all.