Dinner in Chicago 2006

Printable View

• 10-26-2006, 06:09 AM
    adina
    Dinner in Chicago 2006
    Well, it's that time of year again. Various members of pr.com will be in Chicago on the weekend of November 18th-19th. If anyone would like to join us for dinner, we are planning on the 18th.

Let me just point out that those of us who will be in Chicago are some of the coolest people ever. If you don't have dinner with us, you are definitely missing out. We rock.

This is not a gathering. I repeat, not a gathering. However, if anyone wants to spend the day in Chicago and then meet us cool people for dinner, they are more than welcome to.
  • 10-26-2006, 08:44 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Re: Dinner in Chicago 2006
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Let me just point out that those of us who will be in Chicago are some of the coolest people ever...

Sounds good. I'm in... :thumbsup:

Just one request. Last year at dinner, I had to sit at the dork table. Could I sit with the cool people this year???? :2:
  • 10-27-2006, 06:40 AM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Sounds good. I'm in... :thumbsup:

Just one request. Last year at dinner, I had to sit at the dork table. Could I sit with the cool people this year???? :2:

I'm trying to remember if I was sitting next to you.....
  • 10-27-2006, 03:39 PM
    another view
    I sat with both of you, so obviously that's where you were!

I'm probably in...
  • 10-29-2006, 10:07 AM
    WsW-WYATT-EARP
    may i ask why some people will be in chicago that particular weekend ? also where is this meeting of the "cool people" being held ? very good possibility me and the wife may take a trip down there for this "cool people dinner"
  • 10-29-2006, 10:32 AM
    Sebastian
    Can't make it. Too far of a drive.
  • 10-29-2006, 02:41 PM
    adina
    Oh come on. If I can fly in, so can you.
  • 10-29-2006, 03:27 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian

Hmmm, I think if I could drive from the Indy area, you could drive from the "burbs" Seb. I just may have to make this trip :)
    The question is what to do with the doggy? She doesn't like it when I vanish like that and tends to tear things up.

JS
  • 10-30-2006, 07:08 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Not a problem. We'll come to you. Now, I just have to remember to pack that baseball bat... :D
  • 10-30-2006, 07:10 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    I sat with both of you, so obviously that's where you were!...

Hmmm, now that I think of it, we were all at the dork table. Seems we all only became cool during this past year... :cool:
  • 10-30-2006, 07:18 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WsW-WYATT-EARP
    may i ask why some people will be in chicago that particular weekend ? also where is this meeting of the "cool people" being held?

Well, I was trying to keep it under wraps, but if you must know, the Asylum Steve Amazing Technicolor Photographic Road Show and Psycho-Babble Rap Symposium (where of course, Henry the Horse dances the waltz!) will be in town that weekend.

As to where we'll end up meeting and eating, hah...you obviously don't know us. We have no clue. We usually run around the city making frantic cell calls for hours to try to find each other, then wander around together aimlessly until we finally discover one of the few eating establishments in Chicago that doesn't know any of us from past years.

If we're lucky, we get through the meal without being thrown out of the joint... :thumbsup:

And if you're really lucky, we may even pause briefly on the street to present the famed and fabulous plastic tiara crown to this year's SELF PORTRAIT QUEEN (or King). It's a ceremony with all the splendor and pagentry of a ROYAL WEDDING...:ihih:
  • 10-30-2006, 11:12 AM
    Sebastian
    But I don't even like baseball...
  • 10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

But I don't even like baseball...

That's ok. I invented a new game... :D
  • 10-30-2006, 11:43 AM
    Sebastian
    Sounds fun! Can't wait to try it. :)
  • 10-30-2006, 01:43 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

And if you're really lucky, we may even pause briefly on the street to present the famed and fabulous plastic tiara crown to this year's SELF PORTRAIT QUEEN (or King).

Well, that's not going to work. I'm not going to be anywhere near Chicago that weekend. You'll have to mail it to me.
  • 10-30-2006, 02:46 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Well..
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Well, that's not going to work. I'm not going to be anywhere near Chicago that weekend. You'll have to mail it to me.

...the bylaws for the ISOSP (International Society of Self Portraitists) clearly state that one of the requirements for the newly crowned King or Queen is to be present at the, er presentation ceremony, which Adina informs me is being held this year in Chicago that weekend.

Wow, who knew... :D

Furthermore, in the event that the newly crowned aforementioned King or Queen cannot, blah blah, blah, fullfill their rightful duties as newly crowned aforementioned King or Queen, yada yada yada, the...ah, RUNNER-UP then rightfully and justifiably assumes the title. Etc., etc., etc...

Uh, Adina informed me of that, too... :ihih:

Look at the bright side. You still have time to book a flight and room for the weekend. Heck, we'll even let you have dinner with us...

Now, whether you'll get to sit with the cool people is another matter altogether... :p
  • 10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
    Photo-John
    How?
    Quote:

We rock.

Yeah? How do you rock? Like AC-DC or like the Grateful Dead? Please be specific. This is very important.
  • 10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
    adina
    Re: How?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Yeah? How do you rock? Like AC-DC or like the Grateful Dead? Please be specific. This is very important.

Like AC-DC and the Grateful Dead all rolled into one! That's how cool we are!
  • 10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WsW-WYATT-EARP
    may i ask why some people will be in chicago that particular weekend ? also where is this meeting of the "cool people" being held ? very good possibility me and the wife may take a trip down there for this "cool people dinner"

Because we're damn cool! In fact, we're so cool, that a reservation at dinner goes for $100, you can send payment to me, I take checks or credit cards, or small unmarked bill.
  • 10-30-2006, 03:18 PM
    adina
    Re: Well..
    Quote:

...the bylaws for the ISOSP (International Society of Self Portraitists) clearly state that one of the requirements for the newly crowned King or Queen is to be present at the, er presentation ceremony, which Adina informs me is being held this year in Chicago that weekend.

Furthermore, in the event that the newly crowned aforementioned King or Queen cannot, blah blah, blah, fullfill their rightful duties as newly crowned aforementioned King or Queen, yada yada yada, the...ah, RUNNER-UP then rightfully and justifiably assumes the title. Etc., etc., etc...

Look at the bright side. You still have time to book a flight and room for the weekend. Heck, we'll even let you have dinner with us...

Now, whether you'll get to sit with the cool people is another matter altogether... :p

What Steve said.

Judging will be based on the most recent sp thread.
  • 10-30-2006, 07:33 PM
    walterick
    Re: How?
    Sorry, the Grateful Dead don't rock.
  • 10-30-2006, 07:36 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Um... like I said, I can't be there, so you'll have to mail it to me :D

Or, you all could just come and present it to me here in Phoenix! :aureola:
  • 10-30-2006, 07:37 PM
    Photo-John
    Yes!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Sorry, the Grateful Dead don't rock.

Exactly! They are the sleepiest band ever. Only band that can make Jumping Jack Flash sound like a lullaby.

But as long as you can rock some AC-DC, I approve :p
  • 10-30-2006, 07:37 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Judging will be based on the most recent sp thread.

Uh-oh, did I even post in that?
  • 10-30-2006, 07:39 PM
    walterick
    Re: Yes!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    But as long as you can rock some AC-DC, I approve :p

I tried learning the intro to Thunderstruck once.

It was hard.