ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Landslides, where not to bluid

Over this last week this happened. The house a the bottom was for sale for $600,000 it's now down to $300,000 and still no takers, I wonder why . This group of people moved in to the country but have complained about the nosies the horses make. There are luckily that our friend does not raise cattle, as when the cattle are weened the little really call for momma very loud for a few days.

The photo was taken on a rainy day (Frog your 18% gray sky:thumbsup: ) at 2 pm @ ISO 400, 1/100 sec F5 (wide open) during a dry spell, post photo is two photos stitched together. PP after stitching cropped and color saturation was boosted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Landslides, where not to bluid-slide.jpg  
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Landslides, where not to bluid

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    This group of people moved in to the country but have complained about the nosies the horses make. There are luckily that our friend does not raise cattle, as when the cattle are weened the little really call for momma very loud for a few days.
    Ha.....expected peace and quiet in the country I guess. I'll take horse, cow, sheep, even rooster noise over city noise any day.

Lots of slides in the Northwest this year. A lot of people think its a good idea to build at the bottom of hills and cut the trees down on the hill, I guess.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

lol, I hate people who move into the country and expect a perfectly quiet life without noise or "smells" of the country. My neighbor goes off the deep end evry time the farmer spreads manuer on his fields behind us, But then theres the idiot who called the Sheriffs Dept. because waste from a combine clearing a corn field blew into his yard and he wanted the farmer to "pay for clean up" and stop making a mess in HIS yard!
    Needless to say the deputy straightened this clown out There are some real winners out there!

V
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

It makes me laugh when I hear stories like this. What do people expect when they move to the country? I work with a woman who built a new house out in the country, and then had to listen to her complane about the coyotes...

It works the same for people moving into town too. We had a famliy move into town quite a few years ago. They bought a building on main street within ear shot of 3 bars, and then complaned about the bar noise...

It seems like comon sence isn't so comon any more.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Add in people who move next to a race track and whine...
    People who move next to an airport...
    interstate....
    train tracks.....
    shopping centre....

Quote Originally Posted by RP Racing
    Add in people who move next to a race track and whine...
    People who move next to an airport...
    interstate....
    train tracks.....
    shopping centre....
    Amen
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Lets not forget the people who build in a flood plane, then wonder why they have a swimming pool in their living room.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

........and sanddunes on the ocean or cities below sea level.
    Not to worry though. FEMA will bail them out.
    Keep Shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    ........and sanddunes on the ocean or cities below sea level.
    Not to worry though. FEMA will bail them out.
    Don't they read the Bible any more. As it says not to build on sand

The big money bullies the county/city/town into giving them the permits to build in the flood plain, or on the sand dunes. At the Columbia river bar south side since the civil war the sand has built up at least a mile in some places and there are building on it!

But the big problem developers don't tell the buyer that it's in a flood plain or the buyer don't care!
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973

It seems like comon sence isn't so comon any more.
    Common sense has been missing in this country for a long long time! It began with some woman who dumped HOT COFFEE on HERSELF and she sued McDonalds and WON The judge who even allowed that case to go forward should be executed. Since then it has been a never ending list of rediculous lawsuits where people refuse to take any blame for THIER OWN ACTIONS.
    Common sense tells you that you don't leave your kid in the car and go shopping or go to the movies.... 4 times in one week here this occurred. The first one was a Mexican couple that left their 14 month old daughter in their truck while they went into the grocery store..... truck shut off, it was 5 degrees outside! Oh, and they had just come from the hospital where they took her because she was sick....And guess who paid for that hospital visit?? And they had a brand new truck, which got impounded since they were hauled off to jail.
    Kids are learning that everyones a winner and no one loses, and when they become adults they won't know how to act when they lose....then it's time to shoot someone...

So where has the common sense gone?

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Common sense ain't so common... Strange things happen like a tornado five miles from here a few days ago (in January?!), but I'll never understand why people build in areas prone to natural disasters. Kinda reminds me of this house that we saw near Racine WI last summer. Hard to see here, but it looked like the basement is within 10' of the cliff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Landslides, where not to bluid-p6300021.jpg  

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Common sense has been missing in this country for a long long time! It began with some woman who dumped HOT COFFEE on HERSELF and she sued McDonalds and WON The judge who even allowed that case to go forward should be executed. Since then it has been a never ending list of rediculous lawsuits where people refuse to take any blame for THIER OWN ACTIONS.
    Common sense tells you that you don't leave your kid in the car and go shopping or go to the movies.... 4 times in one week here this occurred. The first one was a Mexican couple that left their 14 month old daughter in their truck while they went into the grocery store..... truck shut off, it was 5 degrees outside! Oh, and they had just come from the hospital where they took her because she was sick....And guess who paid for that hospital visit?? And they had a brand new truck, which got impounded since they were hauled off to jail.
    Kids are learning that everyones a winner and no one loses, and when they become adults they won't know how to act when they lose....then it's time to shoot someone...

So where has the common sense gone?

JS
    Fun stories. I remember that McDonalds suit.. wow that got a lot of negative press. (The only mitigating factor was that they had several complaints that their coffee was too hot but they never did anything about it, and I think that woman got third-degree burns. Of course, construction workers in the wintertime sure appreciate hot, hot coffee that stays warm longer in the freezing weather.) Wasn't some woman somewhere prosecuted for leaving her child in a hot car when she went bar hopping? What amazes me also is how the media roasts FEMA because a hurricane strikes New Orleans and floods the place. Granted the response wasn't as fast as it could have been, but didn't they give N.O. residents a 3-day advance warning to get the **** out of Dodge? And how can they rescue people when they're being shot at (oh, the stupidity!). And all this adds up to it being Bush's fault (of course).. like he should have control of those natural disasters. :aureola:
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Kids are learning that everyones a winner and no one loses, and when they become adults they won't know how to act when they lose
    JS
    A few months ago, there was a news story about this. I don't remember if I read it, or saw it on TV. The main point of the story was that young people entering the work force were expecting to get promoted without doing anything. They were taught at a young age to play sports without keeping score because you didn't want anyone to be disappointed or hurt their feelings so they all got the same reward no matter how much effort they put into it. Now they are entering the workforce, and expecting the same treatment. Too bad the world doesn't work that way.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    A few months ago, there was a news story about this. I don't remember if I read it, or saw it on TV. The main point of the story was that young people entering the work force were expecting to get promoted without doing anything. They were taught at a young age to play sports without keeping score because you didn't want anyone to be disappointed or hurt their feelings so they all got the same reward no matter how much effort they put into it. Now they are entering the workforce, and expecting the same treatment. Too bad the world doesn't work that way.

Seen that article. Completey pathetic on how people are becoming.

Not as pathetic as this tidbit. Seen a story somewhere where a woman IS SUEING a business because they didnt hire her 21 YR OLD SON and he now is depressed about not getting his dream job. :mad2:

I think I'll sue everyone who takes better pictures than I do as it causes me to not be the best photographer in the world and that's my fantasy.
    Keep Shooting!

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I think I'll sue everyone who takes better pictures than I do as it causes me to not be the best photographer in the world and that's my fantasy.
    You just try it, I'll sue you for the same thing..
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information