ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Natural neon impressionism sort of...

In an attempt to do more than just my usual "straight" landscape photography, I tried a couple sort-of abstract shots. The colors are from algae in the pond, amazingly bright. Wind provided the ripples on the water. First I've included a normal shot of the pond. The 2nd and 3rd were cropped to make panoramics... curves, resizing, that's about it as far as photoshop goes. What do you think?

Spike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Natural neon impressionism sort of...-lots-algaes.jpg   Natural neon impressionism sort of...-monet-panos.jpg   Natural neon impressionism sort of...-algae-rippless.jpg  

The colors were really like this? Wow, makes for some really nice abstracts. The 2nd & 3rd ones, without the shoreline, makes your mind really press to figure out what you are seeing. These are nice.

woah!

I LOVE the last one... it would go well in my kitchen or living room...my birthday is on Sept 29th--- oh I mean... nice shots these are really cool.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Overcast day

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    The colors were really like this? Wow, makes for some really nice abstracts. The 2nd & 3rd ones, without the shoreline, makes your mind really press to figure out what you are seeing. These are nice.
    Thanks, Charles. I was using a polarizer, and the sky was kind of grey that day. So the colors came out nicely saturated. They really are this bright in real life; it's really something to see. The ponds are up high, in the mountains. So the water is very clean and clear, really lets the colors show through.

Spike

Smile Well....

I'm afraid this was shot with a 2 mp camera. So unless your kitchen and living room are reallllly small, I think a print would be too small. But thanks, Nat!

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I LOVE the last one... it would go well in my kitchen or living room...my birthday is on Sept 29th--- oh I mean... nice shots these are really cool.

A "Spiked" Monet for sure!

That is amazing how vibrant the colors are. I love last crop the best! Hope you did it in high format so you can print out a nice big one and frame and sell it! Actually, you know what would be cool? Print the last one in 3 seperate pieces and use a simple glass front frame and hang next to each other - That would bring in a nice price! (and if it's shot in small mp, reshoot it large!)
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Thread Information