• 08-12-2004, 01:50 PM
    maplegirlie
    Denver/Boulder photogs want to meet?
    A reliable source from photographyReview.com tells me that there is a group of active -- and excellent -- photogs in Colorado.

I'm looking to find some photography buddies to hang out with & talk shop.

Anyone in the Denver/Boulder area interested in meeting up ... in real, live person? Maybe go shoot together, catch an exhibit, etc.

Perhaps someone's already got some events planned?
  • 08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
    coloradoamigo
    No Events planned...
    that I know of, but I'd be up for something like that. Another Colorado gathering perhaps?
  • 08-13-2004, 10:51 AM
    maplegirlie
    2004 Gathering?
    Were you in the 2001 Colorado Gathering? I heard that was a good event. Want to organize one for 2004? :)
  • 08-13-2004, 01:56 PM
    Photo-John
    Fall 2004?
    It would be cool to see the aspens in full color. I'd be interested. I have lots of other stuff going on in the fall, though. And I'm notoriously flaky about actually making it to Gatherings. But I'd love to meet maplegirlie :-)
  • 08-13-2004, 02:52 PM
    megan
    I was...
    I was at one. I can't remember if it was 2000 or 2001! That happens when you get old.
    I think it was 2000. It was a blast. I still crave Sailor Jerry's barbequed ribs....

"If you build it, they will come..."
    and Deity knows I need a break. If I can gather the funds and I'm free, I'll try to make it!

Megan
  • 08-13-2004, 06:18 PM
    brianc
    You need to go to GITA
    this fall. I'll be back in NM provided I can get the vacation time from work.

(Oct. Presidents day weekend)

this post is not ment to take anything or anyone away from a CO gathering, John's uncle misses him.
  • 08-13-2004, 09:15 PM
    Photo-John
    Ha! Good One
    I'd sure like to go. And I just climbed Pacifica on the Dare and hardly broke a sweat. Maybe I'm ready for the altitude...
  • 08-15-2004, 04:20 PM
    coloradoamigo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maplegirlie
    Were you in the 2001 Colorado Gathering? I heard that was a good event. Want to organize one for 2004? :)

No, I wasn't at the last one. In fact I didn't even know this site existed at that point in time. I'd love to see another gathering here, maybe mid to late September, early October.

So come on everyone!! Show some love for the beautiful fall colors of Colorado!!
    Who's interested??
  • 08-17-2004, 04:46 PM
    maplegirlie
    What makes a good gathering?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    I was at one. I can't remember if it was 2000 or 2001! That happens when you get old.
    I think it was 2000. It was a blast. I still crave Sailor Jerry's barbequed ribs....

"If you build it, they will come..."
    and Deity knows I need a break. If I can gather the funds and I'm free, I'll try to make it!

Megan

Megan,
    If *someone* wanted to organize a gathering, what sorts of things should be included? Where was the last one held? How long did it last? What was the object of the game? Any insight/details you can offer would be helpful -- I've never been to one.

Photo-John, you were there. Got any advice/suggestions?
    Don't misconstrue my questions as commitment. :)
    I'm simply wondering and investigating the possibility.

MapleGirlie
  • 09-14-2004, 04:03 PM
    MotionBoy
    I am in...Well I guess I should say: I like the idea and if I an free then I will join you guys :)

What is your plan? I am curious.
  • 09-15-2004, 11:48 AM
    maplegirlie
    No plan to speak of
    I have no plan. I was hoping someone else would plan something. :D

I suppose now would be a good time to put together an impromptu and informal field trip since the aspens are turning -- If that's a subject we want to shoot.

I've got a few e-mails out to friends in Keystone and Breck to find out what the leaves are like right now. I'm free this weekend (Sept. 18-19), but not next. Then comes October.

Let me know if anyone can find an aspen leaf report. The Post usually has something, but the only things I can find are 4 hours away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotionBoy
    I am in...Well I guess I should say: I like the idea and if I an free then I will join you guys :)

What is your plan? I am curious.

• 10-09-2004, 03:37 PM
    racingpinarello
    Marron Bells ? Aspens ? I'm interested
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maplegirlie
    I have no plan. I was hoping someone else would plan something. :D

I suppose now would be a good time to put together an impromptu and informal field trip since the aspens are turning -- If that's a subject we want to shoot.

I've got a few e-mails out to friends in Keystone and Breck to find out what the leaves are like right now. I'm free this weekend (Sept. 18-19), but not next. Then comes October.

Let me know if anyone can find an aspen leaf report. The Post usually has something, but the only things I can find are 4 hours away.

I'm free October 23-24th, and could easily fly out to Denver and rent a car for the weekend. My dad can probably come with me, and get me on UAL for cheap.

I'm trying to do more US travel on weekends to do more landscape shots, and would love to make it out to Colorado for a gathering.

Loren
  • 10-21-2004, 08:18 AM
    MuttyWaters
    Re: Denver/Boulder photogs want to meet?
    I would be interested in getting together with some fellow photogs and doing some shooting. I was just in Telluride and it was amazing. A day trip to the hills or even shooting "in the streets" would be cool. I've never participated in a forum before (I got here totally by accident as a result fo fat-fingering a Google search), but I'm a big fan of serendipity. So, I'm happy to meet whoever, wherever and start shooting! :D I had to use the emoticon thingy.
  • 10-21-2004, 10:39 AM
    Photo-John
    It's kind of late in the season, but maybe we can make something happen in the spring. Lately, I'm inclined to travel to Colorado a lot.
  • 10-24-2004, 08:44 PM
    mtb'n ski
    Im a Boulder Local so im in... im only 16 though if that makes a diffrence to anyone.
  • 11-11-2004, 10:46 AM
    maplegirlie
    Re: Marron Bells ? Aspens ? I'm interested
    Quote:

Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    I'm free October 23-24th, and could easily fly out to Denver and rent a car for the weekend. My dad can probably come with me, and get me on UAL for cheap.

I'm trying to do more US travel on weekends to do more landscape shots, and would love to make it out to Colorado for a gathering.

Loren

Loren,
    I fell off the face of the earth for a while and just now saw your post. As I'm sure you assumed, there are no yellow aspen leaves left to shoot. I apologize for not checking back in.

Of course, Colorado is pretty when covered in snow too.

Photo-John suggested a springtime gathering. That might be more realistic.
  • 11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
    maplegirlie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtb'n ski
    Im a Boulder Local so im in... im only 16 though if that makes a diffrence to anyone.

I personally didn't have any photo shoots or social activities in mind that would preclude someone your age.

And I think it's cool that you are 16 and you like photography ... and mt biking ... and skiing. Those are all good interests/hobbies to have. :)

Have you shot any races?
  • 11-11-2004, 11:17 AM
    maplegirlie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MuttyWaters
    I would be interested in getting together with some fellow photogs and doing some shooting. I was just in Telluride and it was amazing. A day trip to the hills or even shooting "in the streets" would be cool. I've never participated in a forum before (I got here totally by accident as a result fo fat-fingering a Google search), but I'm a big fan of serendipity. So, I'm happy to meet whoever, wherever and start shooting! :D I had to use the emoticon thingy.

I would like to shoot with you but I have no great ideas right now -- except maybe a hike with my dog. Do you like hiking and dogs?

I'm not committed to that idea: It would just be a way to do several things I like all at the same time.

There are some cycloCross races Sunday, Nov 21; Sunday Nov 28 and then the USCF State Championships will be Sunday Dec 5th. More info at http://www.boulderracing.com/Cross04.asp

What about XC skiing? Do you do any of that?

Or ice climbing? I have some friends who are ice climbers who would probably be willing to have us tag along. Do you climb at all? I have done a little rock climbing, but no ice (yet!).

What do you think? Something else you'd rather shoot?
    Paige
  • 11-23-2004, 08:37 AM
    kkart
    Well I am new here (The forums that is) but live REALLY close to downtown....I also know quite a few other Colorado photographers who are on deviantart....hmmmm something like this sounds like a GREAT plan to me!