racedraper
    Re: Dayton Air Show
    I love the F-18 and the American flag combo,:thumbsup:
  • 08-06-2008, 02:59 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loupey
    These from the Canon 40D and 300mm f/4L IS.

Everyone is used to seeing planes pass in opposing directions at high speed, but when Apache helicopters do it, everyone cringes.

The Raptor was the main attraction. I was happy to get a shot of it with the weapons bay doors open (not typically seen). I was even happier that the pilot turned the plane before it was too big for my frame (that shot is uncropped) :p

Thanks to our brave men and women in uniform whenever and wherever they may be.

Nice shots!

That new Raptor is sick...:thumbsup:
  • 08-19-2008, 06:43 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Ok, I'll let ya know Loupey!

JS

Hey Loupey, I'll be shooting the Indy airshow on Sunday.... paper called me today. Can't make Saturday as I have to shoot the Carmel vs Cathedral football game at noon.

PM me and I'll give you my cell # if your coming this way Sunday. :thumbsup:

John
  • 08-19-2008, 09:27 PM
    Loupey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    PM me and I'll give you my cell # if your coming this way Sunday. :thumbsup:

John - just sent you a PM.

Seeing that there are many air show enthusiasts on this forum, perhaps this could be a mini-photo-gathering. Albeit a last minute one :p
  • 08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loupey
    John - just sent you a PM.

Seeing that there are many air show enthusiasts on this forum, perhaps this could be a mini-photo-gathering. Albeit a last minute one :p

lol, it's more warning than the paper usually gives me :D

JS
  • 08-21-2008, 06:11 AM
    Rivman
    LOL, first pic, :D . . . can't get enough airshow pics - some great shots !
    The prop driven birds are my favorite since I grew up with them, but the copters and jets are pretty amazing when they are put through their paces !
    Thanks for the Dayton airshow Loupey ! :thumbsup:
  • 07-19-2011, 06:54 AM
    Loupey
    Wow, I can't believe it's been three years since I posted these (and since the last airshow I've been to).

This weekend (23rd and 24th) will be the dates. Weather forecast is about the same - extremely hot with humid and hazy air to shoot through. If anyone is interested, more information can be found here:

http://www2.daytonairshow.com/

I think I am going on one of the days.