A couple from my garden

Printable View

• 07-27-2006, 09:12 AM
    AmberC
    A couple from my garden
  • 07-27-2006, 10:40 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: A couple from my garden
    Beautiful flowers Amber. Flowers are one on my favorite subjects to photograph. They are co-operative and don't talk back. My one note to you on these is to watch those backgrounds. A distracting background can take an awful lot away from an other wise very nice image. Three things that you might try (1) change angles and try to find a better backdrop for you image (2) choose a larger aperture that will limit your DOF and effective blur the background to the point it is not a distraction and (3) try a post process program like Photo Shop to darken or blur the background to avoid the distraction. I know this isn't the critique forum I hope you don't mind my suggestion, but I thought that from your first post earlier today you were looking for suggestion on improving your images. Please forgive if I have over stepped.
  • 07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
    AmberC
    Re: A couple from my garden
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Beautiful flowers Amber. Flowers are one on my favorite subjects to photograph. They are co-operative and don't talk back. My one note to you on these is to watch those backgrounds. A distracting background can take an awful lot away from an other wise very nice image. Three things that you might try (1) change angles and try to find a better backdrop for you image (2) choose a larger aperture that will limit your DOF and effective blur the background to the point it is not a distraction and (3) try a post process program like Photo Shop to darken or blur the background to avoid the distraction. I know this isn't the critique forum I hope you don't mind my suggestion, but I thought that from your first post earlier today you were looking for suggestion on improving your images. Please forgive if I have over stepped.

No.. you did not step over :) I was actually thinking about that myself today. That I need to pay attention to what is in the background as well as the subject. I do not have any photo editing software right now tho. I plan on getting some, but as of now cannot afford it. I thank you for the suggestions!!
    Amber