ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Playground 1969-Some Things Never Change

Eventhough this was taken over 40 years ago it could of been shot yesterday. Except these guys are now 50 years old. Kids are still playing baseball , Converse sneakers are still in style and graffiti is still around..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Playground 1969-Some Things Never Change-playgroundbb02.jpg   Playground 1969-Some Things Never Change-playgroundbb0201.jpg  

It's hurricane season... again...
    Hold on there mister- I was born in '69 and I sure hope that wasn't more than 40 years ago! ;)

These are great- did you have to edit these to get the original color back, or did these stay that saturated? Very cool flashback!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Great post...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    Eventhough this was taken over 40 years ago it could of been shot yesterday. Except these guys are now 50 years old. Kids are still playing baseball , Converse sneakers are still in style and graffiti is still around..
    Great post Gerry. Nice to see some more of your work. Wish I had the means to post some of my stuff form the 60's and early 70's.

Larry

Kristin, thanks for looking. I guess my math is bad. Only 35 years ago. The slides have really faded and shifted their color cast. I have limited skills in Photoshop and after I'm done "fooling around" I can't duplicate my efforts as evidenced in the differences in color between the two. While both are much better than the raw scan I couldn't get both to look the same eventhough they were taken a few minutes apart and were subjected to the same fading and shifting of color.

Thread Information