• 12-28-2007, 06:38 AM
    Speed
    5 Attachment(s)
    Christmas @ Speed's House 2007
    Hope every one had a Merry Christmas. We had a wonderful one. My son came home for Christmas (he's in the Air Force now) and he and his wife and son stayed with us Christmas Eve. Three of my four daughters were also there, and of course, my mother came over as well. Dawn did not sleep at all Christmas Eve, and when the girls came downstairs (they always try to beat her in getting up) Dawn opened the bedroom door and informed them that she was already up.

Here are a few photo's from Christmas morning.

Dawn and I got Ryan (our grandson) a table and chairs. We looked for a small chair for him, and two towns and five stores later we found this set.
  • 12-28-2007, 06:51 AM
    Speed
    5 Attachment(s)
    Re: Christmas @ Speed's House 2007
    I had a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas Eve my lovely wife decided that I needed to get a new camera backpack. It had been mentioned a month or two before, but I had dropped it due to some unexpected bills. Dawn told me that we had spent less than she had anticipated for Christmas, and she wanted me to get a new backpack. So we drove to ASAP photo, where I had seen a Lowepro Nature Trekker. When we got there, they did not have a Nature Trekker, but they did have a Dry Zone 200. Happy, happy, joy, joy! We decided that the Dry Zone would work since I ride my motorcycle during warm weather, and we go out on the boat a lot during the summer.

My son and I also got matching T-shirts as well. Paul and Troy in particular will appreciate these.

Finally, a snapshot of my son. He is going to finish tech school February 13th, and then he is going to be assigned to Minot AFB, North Dakota working on missiles. Ironic since I was stationed there for six years working in the missile field, and Rob was actually born there!
  • 12-28-2007, 07:14 AM
    adina
    awww...looks like you guys had a great time! Congrats on the new backpack, and on getting most of the family together.

Nice shots!
  • 12-28-2007, 10:51 AM
    JETA
    Thanks for sharing these Speed. You have a beautiful and very happy looking family. Love the pics of your wife reading to your little one.
  • 12-28-2007, 11:54 AM
    Speed
    Nice shots!
    Thank you Adina!

:-D
  • 12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
    Speed
    Thanks for sharing these Speed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA
    Thanks for sharing these Speed. You have a beautiful and very happy looking family. Love the pics of your wife reading to your little one.

Thank you JETA! I am a blessed man!
  • 12-28-2007, 06:40 PM
    MJS
    Hey Grandpa, err I mean Speed, beautiful shots and family. Merry Christmas to yours from the Miami contingent. I love the tshirts, makes me wish I still had my 82.
  • 12-28-2007, 07:48 PM
    mtbbrian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    Finally, a snapshot of my son. He is going to finish tech school February 13th, and then he is going to be assigned to Minot AFB, North Dakota working on missiles. Ironic since I was stationed there for six years working in the missile field, and Rob was actually born there!

I remember looking like that nearly 20 years ago!
    What an interesting circle of life.
    Merry Christmas my friend!
    Brian
  • 12-31-2007, 12:00 PM
    Speed
    Merry Christmas my friend!
    Thank you my friend!

I trust you and your's had a Merry Christmas as well!
  • 12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
    Speed
    ...makes me wish I still had my 82.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS
    Hey Grandpa, err I mean Speed, beautiful shots and family. Merry Christmas to yours from the Miami contingent. I love the tshirts, makes me wish I still had my 82.

And you got rid of it because....?

Awesome weapon. I'd like to fire one.

:-D
  • 12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
    MJS
    Great big tax bill a few years ago when a former accountant who now resides in the big house steered us in the wrong direction.
  • 01-01-2008, 03:39 PM
    jgredline
    What a beautiful family!!!
  • 01-02-2008, 06:56 AM
    Speed
    Great big tax bill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS
    Great big tax bill a few years ago when a former accountant who now resides in the big house steered us in the wrong direction.

DOH!

I hate it when that happens!

But I'll bet it was fun while you had it.
  • 01-02-2008, 07:26 AM
    MJS
    Custom ear plugs, hard hearing over that and it was still loud. Dug a great trench also.
  • 01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
    I_Fly
    Here's a late Merry Christmas to you and your family Robert. Hope you guys had a safe New Year's Eve also.

Looks like you guys had a great time. It's awesome that your son and family were home. Your grandson is getting big! Looks like Dawn's eating the Grandmother thing up! :)

That's pretty cool that she's always waiting for them Christmas morning too. Collette and I are looking forward to creating traditions like that with Gus.

Nice backpack! That's awesome & useful. Nice t-shirts too! :) Gotta like 'em. Is your son looking forward to finishing tech school? He looks good in the uniform. Hope he's ready for the weather change. Minot's gonna be COLD!