ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Chicago revisited

After the good time we had last weekend with the "COOL PEOPLE" we decided to make a trip back down to Chicago during the day. We (Me , Wife, Mom, Kid) took the train friday morning from Kenosha to Chicago. Then proceeded to walk around the city. What great weather for the end of November!!!

Here are the highlights of the tour. Unfortunately we were on a time limit and we a bit rushed to see what we wanted to.

Sign I see on our walk from the station to Mich. Ave.

My most favorite building in Chicago

The bean again at Millennium Park

Here we all are standing under the bean looking up at the center of it

More of the bean ... this thing is amazing .. see it from a different view everytime you go!!

This shot I liked how the shadows of the other buildings surrounded the fire escape down the side of the building...

My 2nd favorite building ... I believe it is the Wrigley building again .. This time from a different angle ...

Another sign on the way to Navy Pier - I think a person could spend the day shooting signs in Chicago ...

Not sure where this came from ... but it was really cool .. the thing is just huge!! The "spikes" are about 8 foot long

A shot of Navy Pier

Here is one of my favorite shots of the day .. My mom actually got a shot of me taking this shot... Can't wait to see how that turned out

The reflections in the buildings were amazing ...

Last shot on the walk back to the train station to head back home ...

Ben

Re: Chicago revisited

Great looking shots, the weather was really good for the time of year. I really like the last shot, of all the builds in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesV
    Great looking shots, the weather was really good for the time of year. I really like the last shot, of all the builds in the shadows.
    Thanks ... who would of thought 60's in chicago at the end of november ..... :thumbsup:

We had alot of fun just not alot of time
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WsW-WYATT-EARP
    We (Me , Wife, Mom, Kid) took the train friday morning from Kenosha to Chicago...
    Nice pics, Ben. Kenosha, eh? I had some good friends that lived there, and one of the times I was in Chicago in years past I took a day off to take the train there and visit them...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Nice pics, Ben. Kenosha, eh? I had some good friends that lived there, and one of the times I was in Chicago in years past I took a day off to take the train there and visit them...
    Thanks .... Well we are actually just west of racine ... but the train only goes to kenosha .. about 20 min to the station in k-town ...
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Thread Information