• 11-07-2004, 09:54 AM
    Chunk
    4 Attachment(s)
    Chicago Gathering Fall 2004
    I sure enjoyed wandering the Loop with the other PR folk who made it. It was nice to be able to talk face to face with some of you and enjoy your company.

Here are a few quick shots from what I took.
  • 11-07-2004, 10:26 AM
    adina
    I had a great time too
    And I made it to the gas station afterwards, thanks to Sebastian's cutting edge technology.

My obligatory two photos. :D

more later....

adina

Dennis and Chuck learning the finer points of Coach handbags, and the infamous bean.
  • 11-07-2004, 11:13 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Chiming in from my hotel...
    I'm in Chicago until tomorrow, so I have another day of shooting (and shopping!) ahead of me...

I was a great pleasure meeting PR members Chunk, Kellybean, and nat, as well as seeing "old Gathering" friends Sebastian, Loren, Steve (Another View), Adina, and Dennis again.

After walking through what seemed like the entire city yesterday, I have to say my dogs are barking a bit, but it was definitley worth it.

The weather and the company were perfect... :D

Oh, and BTW nat, I found a newspaper today! ;)
  • 11-07-2004, 12:59 PM
    Sebastian
    Re: Chicago Gathering Fall 2004
  • 11-07-2004, 01:37 PM
    Lara
    Yaay on the obligatory group shot. :D Steve M, you looked away!! Timer on too long for ya ha? lol.

Great shot regarless Sebastian!

These photos are awesome. I'm looking forward to more, more more, from the gang!
  • 11-07-2004, 02:31 PM
    Pasqual12
    3 Attachment(s)
    It was great to meet everyone yesterday. What a great way to spend the day/evening. I am looking forward to next time.

Take care, All.
  • 11-07-2004, 04:30 PM
    another view
    3 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara
    Steve M, you looked away!!

Naah, I was deep in contemplation. That's my "insightful, intellectual pose", but I suppose the others probably know better... ;) I had a great time seeing everyone, we'll have to do it again. I heard some rumor about Milwaukee? Maybe sometime late winter/early spring when people like me have a bad case of spring fever?

I guess Chunk got me going on seeing patterns...
  • 11-07-2004, 07:54 PM
    adina
    two more
    the skyline and the train...
  • 11-07-2004, 09:42 PM
    Sebastian
    The best night shots are not taken at night, they are taken right before the last light is gone, when thre is still color in the sky that can lead to dramatic effects.

I went back today to try to get that light.

http://www.cmcpics.com/bean-night2.jpg

http://www.cmcpics.com/bean-night3.jpg
  • 11-08-2004, 03:31 AM
    opus
    2 Attachment(s)
    Here are two of my favorites. I came away with a lot of favorites.
  • 11-08-2004, 07:21 PM
    Asylum Steve
    The obligatory IDs...
    http://www.cmcpics.com/group04.jpg

Just FYI, L to R: (front row) Dennis (dsl712), Loren (racingpinarello); (back row) Chunk, Natalie (natatbeach), Kelly (kellybean), Karen (Loren's gf), Steve (Another View), Your's Whatever, John (Pasqual12), Adina, and Sebastian...
  • 11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
    racingpinarello
    2 Attachment(s)
    Chicago Gathering Fall 2004-Self Portrait Queen - Adina
    Natabeach (Natalie) had transferred the Self-Portrait title to Adina. Asylum Steve did the honors by going on his knee to present the wares to Adina.

The second picture is Adina enjoying the title.

Loren
  • 11-08-2004, 09:54 PM
    racingpinarello
    3 Attachment(s)
    Lunch
    Picture 1 - KellyBean talking to Dennis about the number of beers that I had.

Picture 2 - Natalie confusing the waitress about her order or she was making comments about somebody and was hiding behind the menu.

Picture 3 - Secrets
  • 11-08-2004, 10:16 PM
    racingpinarello
    3 Attachment(s)
    The Subway
    Picture 1 : Enter the "L"

Picture 2 : Walking and Waiting

Picture 3 : Here comes the Train
  • 11-08-2004, 10:29 PM
    racingpinarello
    4 Attachment(s)
    Random Shots - 1
    Picture 1 - Milenium Park Trees

Picture 2 - Old Town Chicago

Picture 3 - Humbolt Park

PIcture 4 - Sailor walking by Sears Tower
  • 11-08-2004, 10:38 PM
    racingpinarello
    Re: I had a great time too
    I also had a good time, and it was nice meeting new and familiar faces too. It was a good time and I really like the images that people had posted already. Many different looks to the same subject, which is very interesting.

Thanks for all of those who made it to Chicago.

Loren
  • 11-09-2004, 06:49 AM
    walterick
    Wow, what a pretty photographer.
    Steve, the more I see of you, the more attractive you become :p

LOL

So does this mean that if I win back the Self Portrait title I have to wear a tiarra? Does anyone have a prefessional wrestling belt, perhaps?

(Adina you are very beautiful I hope I am not making that joke at your expense :))

Rick
  • 11-09-2004, 06:53 AM
    adina
    Re: I had a great time too
    Oh my gosh Loren, those are too funny!

And Steve, you look so excited!

I got home, and the girls were so excited about the necklaces (which became snakes), but boy are they jealous I have a tiara. And I won't let them play with it.

Perhaps next year, I will pass on my title to another worthy PR.com member, but in the meantime, you can catch me cutting ribbons at the local Piggly Wiggly or gas stations. :D
  • 11-09-2004, 06:56 AM
    adina
    Re: Wow, what a pretty photographer.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Steve, the more I see of you, the more attractive you become :p

LOL

So does this mean that if I win back the Self Portrait title I have to wear a tiarra? Does anyone have a prefessional wrestling belt, perhaps?

(Adina you are very beautiful I hope I am not making that joke at your expense :))

Rick

not only do you need to wear the tiara, but the sash as well!

And you have to come to Chicago (or Milwaukee) to get it.

And you'll need some pretty impressive self portraits to get it! I'm going to be working extra hard on mine!
  • 11-09-2004, 07:09 AM
    walterick
    Oh, yeah?
    Well bring it on! I've got about 6 rolls of film laying around screaming to be exposed with images of my likeness! I'll win back that title! Or die trying!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY It's rip-roaring self-exposing ego-inflating SELF PORTRAIT ACTION! (action... action....) WATCH AS WALTERICK FIGHTS ADINA FOR THE TITLE (belt... not crown) OF SELF-PORTRAIT GOD SUPREME!!!

Let's make it a battle-royale and invite Asylum Steve and Natalie into the fray. :)

Oh, and about the whole "coming to Chicago" to pick it up thing. Couldn't you just FedEx it to me? It's soooo cooold up there. Oh, I mean...

IT'S ON BROTHER!! OH YEAH!!! :)

LOL
  • 11-09-2004, 04:28 PM
    opus
    Re: Oh, yeah?
    UGH, Loren you are sneaky. I didn't see you take either of those shots of me!!!! :D

I much prefer being on the other side of the camera.
  • 11-09-2004, 04:49 PM
    adina
    House of Blues
  • 11-09-2004, 06:02 PM
    opus
    3 Attachment(s)
    OK, a few more:
  • 11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
    Chunk
    3 Attachment(s)