Cello Girl

Printable View

• 01-16-2007, 09:25 PM
    yogestee
    Cello Girl
    The other night a few of us were talking about a particular photograph over a weak cup of tea :D It is a B/W photo of a girl taken from behind..She is naked painted up to look like a cello...She has a bass clef drawn on each buttock is wearing extreme stilletos and standing one legged...
    For the life of us we couldn't remember who the photographer is ...Maybe Daivid Bailey,,,Sam Haskins or Bob Carlos Clark..Any clues??

Jurgen
    Australia
  • 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
    mtbbrian
    Re: Cello Girl
    You are way off...
    I think you are off slightly on your description, the shoes and standing one legged part, but othewise, I think you are talking about...
    The photographer is Man Ray.
    The photograph is called, "Le Violon d'Ingres 1924"
    Google it, you'll find it.
    Brian
  • 01-17-2007, 05:42 AM
    yogestee
    Brian,,I did a Google on Le Violon d'Ingres 1924 and its not the photograph I was referring to..The one I am talking about is more recent and is probably insired by Le Violon d'Ingres...

Thanks for your help..

Jurgen
  • 01-17-2007, 08:33 AM
    Didache
    The stiletto thing reminds me of the kind of thing that Helmut Newton did ... I have never seen a photo of Newton's which fits your description, but it is the kind of thing he did.

Does that help?

Mike
  • 01-17-2007, 08:59 AM
    mtbbrian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yogestee
    Brian,,I did a Google on Le Violon d'Ingres 1924 and its not the photograph I was referring to..The one I am talking about is more recent and is probably insired by Le Violon d'Ingres...

Thanks for your help..

Jurgen

Jurgen,
    I am certain the photograph you are reffering to was inspired by Man Ray, maybe it was something from Helmut Newton as Mike suggests.
    Brian
    :confused: :thumbsup:
  • 01-17-2007, 03:45 PM
    yogestee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Didache
    The stiletto thing reminds me of the kind of thing that Helmut Newton did ... I have never seen a photo of Newton's which fits your description, but it is the kind of thing he did.

Does that help?

Mike

Thanx Mike and Brian,,I'll do a Google..

Jurgen