• 05-02-2004, 10:23 PM
    azonicbruce
    4 Attachment(s)
    Carlsbad Caverns...a must for photographers
    Finally got a Saturday off work, so took the wife and kid and headed to Carlsbad Caverns. All I have to say is, WOW! Amazing. I'm almost sorry I took my camera 'cause I spent the whole time stopping at every little rock and trying to get a shot, meantime my wife and son are getting tired. Oh well we still all had fun and it's definitely a photographer's delight. None of my shots can compare to what you see in the books but thought I'd share anyway.

Taken with my Olympus C-2040, mostly with Tiffen .75x wide angle lens. All handheld (I had to use the siderails and other rocks for a makeshift "tripod"), should have taken a tripod!
  • 05-02-2004, 11:19 PM
    azonicbruce
    Thanks.

I personally forgot to bring my tripod from the car (it was such a windy day and I didn't want to go back to the car), but I didn't see any signs or anything saying no tripods; of course I didn't see anybody with one either. If anything it would have been a pain to have been opening and closing the tripod legs for every shot that I wanted to take. More and more I tend to not use my tripod because of the hassle. I guess that's why I'm trying to find the ultimate low light camera.