Canon User Club Poll

Printable View

• 02-05-2005, 06:21 PM
    Ryguyinlj
    Canon User Club Name Poll
    I know that thse were not the only ones mentioned, but I nominated (in no particular order) this bunch based on the criteria that these were mentioned and someone else expressed intrest in the name. Please, only vote if you are a canon user. The poll will end in three days (72 hours from this post) .

So, let the voting begin!
  • 02-05-2005, 06:56 PM
    almo
    Re: Canon User Club Poll
    I like bird nerd. I am a bird nerd on sabatical.

almo
  • 02-06-2005, 06:45 AM
    paulnj
    Almo you are NOW CAMERA BIRDNERD #2 and I will now be CAMERA birdnerd #1 :) Who needs a brand name to be a nature geek :)
  • 02-06-2005, 07:25 AM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulnj
    Almo you are NOW CAMERA BIRDNERD #2 and I will now be CAMERA birdnerd #1 :) Who needs a brand name to be a nature geek :)

Nothing could make me happier right now Paul!:D

Thanks!

Hopefully I can get out there soon and make good on it...;)

almo
  • 02-06-2005, 08:00 AM
    paulnj
    Florida... HAHAHA

That state is one bird bird aviary.... I swear birds there are SOMEBODIES pet ;)

Drop me a PM with your location in FL and I will give you areas to go :) All my friends are ELITE birders who know some of FL well, EVERYONE knows DING DARLING, LOXA, WAKOTA, GLADES, CORKSCREW, burrowing owls on cape coral , but most don't know the off the beaten path areas ;)
  • 02-06-2005, 09:41 AM
    walterick
    Paul, you would let a Nikon user touch your canon?
  • 02-06-2005, 09:48 AM
    paulnj
    SURE, but not my CANNON though ...you freakdaddy you :)

But don't think you are touching my LEICA IIIG or F100 pal, they may collect dust, but thems is mine ;)
  • 02-07-2005, 12:08 PM
    Ryguyinlj
    Re: Canon User Club Name Poll
    C'mon people, vote! The poll is half over.
  • 02-09-2005, 01:21 AM
    Ryguyinlj
    It's over.

Clan O'Canon is the winner!!
  • 02-09-2005, 03:58 AM
    paulnj
    OK..... what # am I ?
  • 02-09-2005, 06:06 AM
    mdmc
    Oh! As usual i'm late.
    I just got my d 90 and again as usual I really studied up on the subject after my cc was charged and the equiptment was on the way! Anyway I read a review (quite in depth), I think in dp review, and I think by Paul Askey, pitting d rebel against d70.
    In almost every catagory of image quality it appeared to me that the cannon had won, but the reviewer insists it's the other way around.
    I was looking at the images he took, and I looked close, but apparently not close enough!
    He must be a nikon I mean (NIKON) Samurai Master!
    Only the Jedi CannoNIGHTS can defeat him!
    BTW, Cannon has been my main syestem for about 12 years.
    I'd put in a hyperlink to the review but I don't know how.
    Mark.
  • 02-09-2005, 12:13 PM
    Ryguyinlj
    to tell you the truth, I havn't figured out a just numbering system yet. If it was by inquiries that would make me #1. I'm not sure if I deserve it. One one hand, I did organize this topic and poll, but on the other hand there are many people on here that have shot with canon for longer than I have.
  • 02-09-2005, 12:51 PM
    very simple non-bias way

number of posts so far.
    biggest contributers to this forum gets first place
  • 02-09-2005, 12:56 PM
    condition is that your top shooter must be a Canon.
    Lens or Body OK. Flashes, straps, shutter release and other accessories are NOT counted as meeting this expectation.
  • 02-09-2005, 01:11 PM
    almo
    Why even bother with numbers? You are a clan, no? Elect a chiefton and act as a clan. Just because the nikons have numbers doesn't mean you have to.

almo
  • 02-09-2005, 01:15 PM
    Photo-John
    Appropriate Dress
    Where do I get my official kilt?
  • 02-09-2005, 01:19 PM
    opus
    Re: Appropriate Dress
    shoot, I was away this weekend and missed the poll.

Oh well, probably a good thing because I couldn't decide. SO, looks like I am a Clan o'Canon member.
  • 02-09-2005, 04:24 PM
    Dzerzhinski46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almo
    Why even bother with numbers? You are a clan, no? Elect a chiefton and act as a clan. Just because the nikons have numbers doesn't mean you have to.

almo

almo is right. We don't need to do numbers. I think it would be more fun if we just had O'Canon as a last name attached to our screen names. Like ________ O'Canon (insert screename or other name you wish to be in the blank space). That would save us from arguing about which number we are. This way, there is no No. 1. It might be nice to have a clan chief though. Just some thoughts on the matter.

Dzerzhinski
  • 02-09-2005, 04:31 PM
    Liz
    Great idea......I think this is a lot more simple.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzerzhinski46
    almo is right. We don't need to do numbers. I think it would be more fun if we just had O'Canon as a last name attached to our screen names. Like ________ O'Canon (insert screename or other name you wish to be in the blank space). That would save us from arguing about which number we are. This way, there is no No. 1. It might be nice to have a clan chief though. Just some thoughts on the matter.

Dzerzhinski

• 02-09-2005, 06:00 PM
    schrackman
    Kudos to Jane for coming up with the name! Aye, lassie, we be a fine crop o' photoggies.

Ray O'Canon
  • 02-09-2005, 06:28 PM
    opus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzerzhinski46

Dzerzhinski

I'm not changing my screenname for it, but I'll put it in my siggy.

(FYI, font is Century Gothic, bold, size 4, color is the green square in the second row.)
  • 02-09-2005, 06:46 PM
    Ryguyinlj
    I agree. I don't think we should have numbers. Unlike the strictly heirarchal Nikon Samurai, each member of our clan is equal in standing unless he or she is nominated to a higher standing by their peers in the clan.

a cheiftan is not such a bad idea. We should have a vote on that too. Whoever wants to become a cheiftan please say so. We will figure out candidates and have an election.

Requirements for the clan:
    Your main shooter must be a canon. Other than that we are pretty leniant.

Here's another idea:
    For right now I think its a good idea to keep it open, but after a certain time period I think we should make it less open and require someone to nominate a new member and have an initiation process (i.e. sharing some pictures as a way to get to know the nominee :) )
  • 02-09-2005, 06:53 PM
    opus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryguyinlj
    I agree. I don't think we should have numbers. Unlike the strictly heirarchal Nikon Samurai, each member of our clan is equal in standing unless he or she is nominated to a higher standing by their peers in the clan.

a cheiftan is not such a bad idea. We should have a vote on that too. Whoever wants to become a cheiftan please say so. We will figure out candidates and have an election.

Requirements for the clan:
    Your main shooter must be a canon. Other than that we are pretty leniant.

Here's another idea:
    For right now I think its a good idea to keep it open, but after a certain time period I think we should make it less open and require someone to nominate a new member and have an initiation process (i.e. sharing some pictures as a way to get to know the nominee :) )

I disagree on the nomination/initiation thing. Let's keep it friendly! If I was a new user wanting to fit in, I would be SO scared away by something like that. And another thing, what would happen if someone new just decided to stick the clan thing into their signature, not knowing there were "requirements"? Would we call them on it? Run them off? I don't think so.

If someone uses Canon, they should automatically be in the group. Period. The "initiation" happened when they paid their money for the camera.

Another question: what the heck would be the job of a "chieftan"? I'm not seein' the need. As a canon user, I don't want someone telling me what to do. And as a person, I would not volunteer for the extra work. And what happens if our "chieftan" disappears for awhile?

My vote is to keep it fun, leave it a siggy thing, and not complicate things by taking it too far.
  • 02-09-2005, 07:32 PM
    mjs1973
    Well said Kellybean O'Canon! The more you add to it, the less spontanious and fun it becomes.
  • 02-09-2005, 07:50 PM
    schrackman
    We all be chieftans, or leprechauns, or whatever we like! We're the Clan O'Canon, it is the clan that speaks! LOL

Ray O'Canon
  • 02-09-2005, 09:51 PM
    Dzerzhinski46
    Little Wee Beasties
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybean
    I'm not changing my screenname for it, but I'll put it in my siggy.

(FYI, font is Century Gothic, bold, size 4, color is the green square in the second row.)

Kelly, I didn't mean for anyone to change their screen name at all, siggy is probably best anyways (and how in the heck do you change your screen name?! I haven't figured that one out yet!). I agree it should be kept pretty low key as far as membership and chieftenship is concerned. Sorry if it sounded like that. :D

The nice thing Ray, is that being the Clan O'Canon, you can be any number of things. You can be a selkie, a leprechaun, a pixie, a griffin, or any number of other wee strange beesties. :D Have fun with it people!

Dzerzhinski O'Canon
  • 02-09-2005, 09:56 PM
    opus
    Re: Little Wee Beasties
    I probably came across kinda "brusque", although that was not my intention at all. I'm just tired and fighting a sore throat, and was too weary to think about happy phrasing. I'm cool with it all. :)
  • 02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
    Janie
    YEAH! We are the o'Canon clan! WEEE oooooo WEEEE oooooo WEEEEE ooooo (Hey, wo could have been the kung pow canons lol)

May the luck of the Canon be with you always! ;-D
  • 02-10-2005, 01:38 AM
    Ryguyinlj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Janie
    May the luck of the Canon be with you always! ;-D

Sorry, I felt the urge to steal that seal. I really like it. haha. I plan on making my own in a little while, but for right now this is awesome

I think the general consensus is that clan o'canon should be informal without any real rules, just a simple association. I don't really mind either way.
  • 02-10-2005, 08:24 AM
    paulnj
    no #'s and no chief either. This is for FUN !

BUY any Canon and your in sounds about right to me too.

I will volunteer to be the treasurer though ;)
  • 02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
    Seb
    Folks, this whole O'Canon thing and your logo are seriously clever! Who came up with the logo idea??? Perhaps it's time for me to replace my D70 for the IDs MK2 ;)

Seb
  • 02-10-2005, 10:38 PM
    Ok buddy ANYONE would take the 1D over the D70 any day.
    They are on 2 different levels!
  • 02-10-2005, 11:10 PM
    Janie
    I didn't create the logo! Who did it? I just saw everyone started using it! lol I actually think we should all be the cleptocanons! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryguyinlj
    Sorry, I felt the urge to steal that seal. I really like it. haha. I plan on making my own in a little while, but for right now this is awesome

I think the general consensus is that clan o'canon should be informal without any real rules, just a simple association. I don't really mind either way.

• 02-10-2005, 11:37 PM
    opus
    Schrackman made it, and freely offered it to anyone to use.

...although I can't seem to find the original post where he said that anywhere, but I swear it was there...
  • 02-10-2005, 11:46 PM
    Janie
    Yeah, I thought i saw it because that is where I grabbed it from, but couldn't remember who's it was! Kudos to Schrackman! Yeah! ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybean
    Schrackman made it, and freely offered it to anyone to use.

...although I can't seem to find the original post where he said that anywhere, but I swear it was there...

• 02-11-2005, 05:01 AM
    Seb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 92135011

Man, that was actually a joke. I am aware that their are several reasons why the 1Ds MK2 is 10 time pricier than my D70...

Seb
  • 02-11-2005, 06:09 AM
    Seb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 92135011

Anyway, the thing is that my D70 is mine, so it holds serious value. Who wouldn't have my D70???? C'mon, you know you want it! :D

Seb
  • 02-11-2005, 07:09 AM
    paulnj
    Yes, THANKS Ray for that great logo!!!
  • 02-11-2005, 11:00 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb
    Anyway, the thing is that my D70 is mine, so it holds serious value. Who wouldn't have my D70???? C'mon, you know you want it! :D

Seb

Man...you are right...Ok you want my 1D for your D70?
  • 02-11-2005, 11:07 AM
    paulnj
    I will trade you MY 1D for your 1D, but nothing nikon below a 1DX ;) Though the D70 is a nice camera, I have no use for it in my style(but one for $400 I can fit in )