Camping Photos

Printable View

• 09-11-2004, 09:56 PM
    Gerry Widen
    4 Attachment(s)
    Camping Photos
    Every Labor Day our family goes camping at Macedonia Brook State Park near Kent, Ct. Beautiful rural camping with no running water,showers or bathrooms. Best part it is only a little over 100 miles from New York City. <p> I have an Minolta Autocord TLR 6X6 camera made in 1955 I've had for a year I never used before so I gave it a spin. I had to download a manual from the internet because I couldn't figure out how to load the thing. I haven't printed the negatives yet but flatbed scanned these from the contact sheet I made today. Since the negatives are pretty big (compared to 35mm) they came out alright.
  • 09-11-2004, 11:50 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    Every Labor Day our family goes camping at Macedonia Brook State Park near Kent, Ct. Beautiful rural camping with no running water,showers or bathrooms. Best part it is only a little over 100 miles from New York City. <p> I have an Minolta Autocord TLR 6X6 camera made in 1955 I've had for a year I never used before so I gave it a spin. I had to download a manual from the internet because I couldn't figure out how to load the thing. I haven't printed the negatives yet but flatbed scanned these from the contact sheet I made today. Since the negatives are pretty big (compared to 35mm) they came out alright.

The third image is absolutly stunning. You need to print that one and frame it. Just beautiful.
  • 09-12-2004, 04:07 AM
    Charles Hess
    I know I've said this before each time you post here, but I'll say it again... the exposures you get with your classic cameras are truly amazing. I agree with Almo, the 3rd one deserves another look here when you get the negs finished, and certainly would look great matted and framed.
  • 09-12-2004, 10:17 AM
    megan
    Gerry goes square!
    Wow - neat to see first shots using a square format. What do you think? Was it hard to get used to?

Nice shots BTW - love the racoon footprints on the picnic table.

See you Saturday!

Megan
  • 09-12-2004, 12:24 PM
    Gerry Widen
    Thanks everybody for the kind words. I also like the 3rd one and will do an enlargement when I pick up an 80mm or so enlarger lens. I had the camera on a tripod because I used a one second exposure to get the water flow. The one second setting is way too fast as typical on an almost 50 year old camera that probably hasn't been serviced so I guessed the timing using a shutter cord. I like the square format but everything is back wards in the viewfinder so I find it confusing <p> Megan I'll see you Saturday evening at the gallery opening. For everybody else wondering, two photos from Megan and one of mine were selected by the Stepping Stone Gallery in Huntington, NY for a themed exhibition "Beyond the Obvious". So I guess Megan and I will be "hanging together" for a while.