ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread

Here are my five pictures from Rome. This will be the Official thread for the COTW pictures.

The first picture is of Romulus and Remus a Statue donated to the city of Rome by Benito Mussolini in 1929. For naming our city Rome, I guess?

Rome is the home of the baby Braves, The Rome Braves minor league team. Every now and then a big star like Chipper Jones will play here when recovering from an injury.

Here is a view of downtown Broad street, the oldest part of town, The cotton Block, looking north.

Here me and Rufus eating breakfast at Mcdonalds just before I take him on a tour of Rome. Ok, I am not used to being on the wrong side of the viewfinder. My work partner Bill took this picture.

I took Ruffus catfishing, here is where the Oostanaula and Etawoh rivers meet to form the Coosa river.

The camera is now with zrfraser. So Z, when you get ready to post your five picture post them here.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

WARNING Takes Random Pictures MonkeyWrench's Avatar

Re: Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread

Way to get us off to a great start Greg. I love the shot of the City. Did Ruffus catch any catfish? Nice Cameo too.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Was that Rufus's breakfast or Bill's? Why isn't the line through the last guide?
    Thankyou for showing us your town!
    This is going to be fun to watch and do!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Talking Re: Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I can't wait until he gets out on the road. I am still waiting to hear from zrfraser. He is due any time now.
    Greg
    So Rufus is on his way to zfaser's?
    Right On!
    I have some plans for him when he gets here!
    :cornut: ut: :devil: :thumbsup:
    Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety... - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Monkeywrench, sorry we had some bad luck, nothing but an old shoe.LOL
    Frog, That's Ruffus's food. And it's not in the last guide so Ruffus can get a little more leverage being so short.LOL
    We had a great time together, I can't wait until he gets out on the road. I am still waiting to hear from zrfraser. He is due any time now.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Talking Re: Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Z has had Ruffus a few days, he should be posting soon. I can't wait either.
    Greg
    Excellent........:arf: :crazy: :ihih: :devil: :thumbsup:

Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety... - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    So Rufus is on his way to zfaser's?
    Right On!
    I have some plans for him when he gets here!
    :cornut: ut: :devil: :thumbsup:
    Brian
    Z has had Ruffus a few days, he should be posting soon. I can't wait either.
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Cool :0)

I got some good plans for Rufus also, hopefully they won't be done by the time I get him
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Hey Lookin good Ru!

I figure by the time he makes it around the world and down to Arizona he'll be pretty jet lagged and probably about a year older....

Here is a link to the maps that Gary drew that trace his route around the globe...

Camera Around the World(Route and Maps)
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the

My photography on

Sorry for the long time between postings but here is my photos with the camera, however, they aren't from Rome, but rather Massachusetts and Vermont.

I hope you enjoy.

The first image is from Ohare Int'l Airport
    Second image from the People's Pint in Greenfield Massachusetts (foreground beer is the 10th anniversary special, and the background beer is a Farmer Brown).
    Third image is a very weary eyed me, having some coffee in Vermont
    Fourth image is my new fiance, I asked he to marry me on the empire state building in NYC
    Fifth image is our initials in the 2 feet of snow that kept me stranded on vacation for another 2 days.

Sadly I forgot to take any pics of Rufus, so Almo will have to do a better job than me.

Z
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread-ohare-abstract.jpg   Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread-pint-beer.jpg   Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread-weary-eyed.jpg   Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread-img_0180.jpg   Camera around the World, Official Picture Thread-zf.jpg  

Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Congrats on the engagement Z, I hope you guys had a good time. I heard the weather kind of turned bad on you guys. I hope all is well. When is the wedding?
    I guess the camera is off to Florida to Almo.
    Look out Almo, Ruffus is on his way...
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

This is awesome. I'll make sure my two year old doesn't tear Ruffus up. Well, he might be three by the time I get the camera
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Is Rufus actually accomanying the camera?
    Keep Shooting!

Yes, He's in the box. Try and include him a couple of pictures and start him a blog. I created him and ID and included his password in the box, so be creative.
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

Great start, Greg, and Z. Congrats Z on what appears to be an excellent choice.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

/

Pentax Forum Moderator

Patiently waiting here in West Texas...I should have a pretty good Texas drawl by the time he gets here...
    Great start greg and Z
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the
    and the

Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

are the foundation of this site -

The K-Teams Updated Logo
    to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thanks for the congrats guys. I shot a lot of BW film while on vacations so I will try to get to the darkroom and see how they turned out.
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Greetings from sunny Florida!

I would like to thank Zack for a great time. It was a real blast!

I am glad to finally be here with almo. The trip down here was a little rough. Those UPS guys, you know

Anyway, I hope to have some pics to post here soon.:thumbsup:

Mini - Digital Camera

I am glad you arrived safely, we miss you here in Rome. That three day ground can get rough I suppose. I hope Zack insured your guitar. Watch that spring break crowd and don't get Almo in to much trouble. I can't wait for the pictures, knowing Almo I am sure to be in for a suprise.
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

Cool The Ruffus 8 Pack!

almo has not yet finished assembling his offical pics for the gallery, but I have a few I wanna share.

I have really been diggin' my stay here in Jax with almo, he is one cool cat! We are gonna go downtown over the weekend and then it looks like I will be hitting the ole' dusty trail again on Monday to hang out in Charlotte, North Carolina with Obie. Get the pit fired up Obie, 'cause I am down for some world famous NC BB-Q!!!

Anyway, here are my pics...

This is me just after I arrived. I was hanging out in the terminal waiting for almo to get home from school...

Here I am enjoying a nice cold drink after that long trip...

This is when I first met almo's dad...Nice fellow I might add...

Later that night we watched my favorite show!

Just before we hit the sack almo showed me his photo gear... I got a really good look...

We went to almo's school today, St. John's River community College...

This is almo's art history class. We watched a video about James Whistler!

And last, but most certainly not least, I had to show off my killer breakin' skills for those jive turkies in almo's class, and yes, they were all blown away...

Mini - Digital Camera

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: The Ruffus 8 Pack!

LOL very funny. Nicely done Alm... er Rufus!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the

My photography on

Great pictures guys, I can't wait for my turn. I have big big plans for Ruffus. I might even strap him to my RC plane and take him for a ride. I see a fire truck in ruffus's future.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Nice job there Almo. Looks like you were a perfect host for our little friend Rufus.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Ruffus is so going on an Urban Exploration Adventure when he gets here.

Great shots so far.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Love how you got yourself into those photos but I do wish I could have seen you with Almo.
    When you get here in the distant future, prepare to be laid back unless its handcar race day for which I have you signed up against some burley loggers.
    Keep Shooting!

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information