ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Budapest 20th August celebrations

20th August is the equivalent of 4th July in Hungary. Being a dumb tourist I didn't know that before I came, just brought the strict minimum of material (D200+18-200). And found myself confronted with an air display and fireworks.

Fortunately on Internet you can cheat. the images aren't very big and if they are slightly blurred or heavily cropped it doesn't matter.

1. Controlled stall. As you can see from the smoke, the aircraft is actually dropping vertically and not moving forward at all
    2. Heavily cropped
    3. Yes they get really low, but only over the river. If the aircraft had a problem then the pilot could just ditch it in the water
    4&5. Firework display, 4 second exposure. The camera is placed on a firm surface with a pile of coins under the front to point it upwards, with both my hands holding it there. This was actually done from a bridge. Didn't want to see the thing drop into the Danube..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Budapest 20th August celebrations-4451-011.jpg   Budapest 20th August celebrations-4451-015.jpg   Budapest 20th August celebrations-4451-036.jpg   Budapest 20th August celebrations-4452-057.jpg   Budapest 20th August celebrations-4452-082.jpg  

Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: Budapest 20th August celebrations

Realy great Nikon :thumbsup:

Those fireworks photos are great! I used a similar technique for my Garda lightning photos - use whatever's available to make a stable base and then use the timer and long exposures.

I dig the plane over the river photo. Too bad that one isn't sharper and snappier. That's the only one that I think really suffers from poor image quality. Everything else works pretty well for my eye.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

nice pics dude

Thread Information