• 04-20-2004, 05:36 PM
    cush
    2 Attachment(s)
    The Brown Santa came today!!..
    I spent an hour hearing things that sounded like a UPS truck but they were all school busses. I realized that it was getting pretty late and maybe I was at work when he stopped by. Sure enough, there was a delivery attempt sticker on the door that I hadn't seen from the driveway. I called UPS, and was referred to their website to arrange delivery. No sooner did I click sent that the phone rang (spooky fast, I was still in the process of putting the phone down!). The dispatcher had the driver (great guy) make a second stop. In the box? An early baby shower gift for my younger bro and his wife (A Canon S80 and a 256 compact flash card). For me: leg covers for my tripod, a SanDisk Extreme 515 Compact Flash, an EF 24-70 f2.8L, and an EF 70-200 f2.8L IS! Woo Hoo! I also got a few filters to go with the new lenses. Here are a couple pics from the hundred I quickly did this evening with my Digital Rebel. The flower was shot with the 24-70 (iso100, 1/500, f2.8 @70mm minimum manual focus. My son taking a shot was with the 70-200, 1/250, f2.8, iso 400 @70mm. Tomorrow is his first game and dad will be there testing the new equipment!
  • 04-20-2004, 05:43 PM
    Charles Hess
    Wow, that was quite a delivery. Those Canons are two of the best lenses made, so you're going to see some results that will knock your socks off. These are nice, good color and well-composed, and I suspect better things are yet to come. Keep posting.
  • 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
    darkrainfall
    I love the ups truck! *smiles* Those sound like some great lenses... can't wait to see some pics
  • 04-20-2004, 07:16 PM
    Liz
    Congratulations! WOW
    Great lenses there! I have the Rebel and I love it. Last year I purchased my first "L" lens, the 200mm/f2.8 and it is awesome. You will love this set up. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos - these are great. I especially want to see what that 24-70 can do.
    Enjoy! :cool: and keep posting.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by cush
    I spent an hour hearing things that sounded like a UPS truck but they were all school busses. I realized that it was getting pretty late and maybe I was at work when he stopped by. Sure enough, there was a delivery attempt sticker on the door that I hadn't seen from the driveway. I called UPS, and was referred to their website to arrange delivery. No sooner did I click sent that the phone rang (spooky fast, I was still in the process of putting the phone down!). The dispatcher had the driver (great guy) make a second stop. In the box? An early baby shower gift for my younger bro and his wife (A Canon S80 and a 256 compact flash card). For me: leg covers for my tripod, a SanDisk Extreme 515 Compact Flash, an EF 24-70 f2.8L, and an EF 70-200 f2.8L IS! Woo Hoo! I also got a few filters to go with the new lenses. Here are a couple pics from the hundred I quickly did this evening with my Digital Rebel. The flower was shot with the 24-70 (iso100, 1/500, f2.8 @70mm minimum manual focus. My son taking a shot was with the 70-200, 1/250, f2.8, iso 400 @70mm. Tomorrow is his first game and dad will be there testing the new equipment!

• 04-20-2004, 07:38 PM
    Lionheart
    Congratulations on your early Christmas
    It's nice when one can afford serious glass like those "L" lenses. I spent way too much in the early years on consumer glass that I was never completely happy with. You're fortunate and blessed that you can do it right from the get go. That 70-200 is my main lens. It goes everywhere my slr's go. Absolutely SWEET. Just hefting that lens in hand gives me an adrenaline rush. Be sure to share some pics with us ;)