broke out the hats

Printable View

• 11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
    adina
    broke out the hats
    So every year I try to send a Christmas pic when I send out cards. We thought we'd start working on it, as it takes us weeks to get something.
  • 11-19-2004, 12:26 PM
    tijean
    Re: broke out the hats
    I love them both, but the last one especially. The difference in the eyes on the first one bothers me a bit.
  • 11-19-2004, 12:32 PM
    walterick
    I vote for the first one. Her eyes are so clear they look colored! I was going to ask you if you had tinted them but then I realized they were just very pure :) The second one is also nice but the first one made me stare for awhile.

Rick
  • 11-19-2004, 01:19 PM
    Asylum Steve
    I dunno...you've set the bar pretty high...
    Adina,

The downside to you continually impressing us with your family portraits is that we now expect nothing but your best work... :D

These two pics are nice, but under the circumstances, I don't think they're "card worthy".

As usual, you've got nice lighting and facial tones, and of course, the great expressions we almost take for granted now, but I don't think the shots say enough about the season.

Well we know you're just getting started with this, so keep us posted...
  • 11-19-2004, 01:25 PM
    walterick
    Chiming in...
    I think Steve may be right about them sitting on cards <i>but</i> I did want to add that I think the look of "awe" on her face in the first shot does an excellent job of conveying that feeling that kids get at Christmas. I can definitely imagine a wall of presents off to the left with her staring at them :) If you did kind of a collage on your Christmas cards, I think that one would be well at home in it :)

My four cents.

Rick
  • 11-19-2004, 02:12 PM
    adina
    Re: Chiming in...
    Thanks guys.

This was our first draft....

When I get home from Madison tomorrow, we are going to try hats and pajamas. :)
  • 11-19-2004, 02:27 PM
    Asylum Steve
    BTW, about the eyes...
    I agree that the eyes having slightly different tonality and brightness in both shots is a bit distracting, but keep in mind that is real easy to fix in ps. Just select one with a slight feather and use Levels to make it match the other..
  • 11-19-2004, 03:06 PM
    adina
    Re: BTW, about the eyes...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    I agree that the eyes having slightly different tonality and brightness in both shots is a bit distracting, but keep in mind that is real easy to fix in ps. Just select one with a slight feather and use Levels to make it match the other..

Thanks!

I've always wondered about a quick fix for that. My eyes usually are different.
  • 11-19-2004, 03:49 PM
    Janie
    Re: Chiming in...
    Now, if you could get a reflection of a lit christmas tree in her eyes, or maybe show a little more of the hat, it would be an amazing shot! She's so photogenic!
  • 11-22-2004, 12:17 AM
    villenadecorte
    Simple...Classic... Beautiful.
    Excellent job Adina. :)
    You have such wonderful subjects to work with :)
    (I've got all stinky boys haha!)

VillenaDeCorte
  • 11-22-2004, 07:02 AM
    another view
    I'm going to have to agree with Steve; like he says you raised the bar pretty high. I don't really have anything to offer as a critique but I'll look forward to seeing what else you come up with. Really nice shots, but compared to everything else I've seen from you I don't know if these are among the best of the year.