• 12-03-2005, 07:31 AM
    mjs1973
    Brick or Bulk for film purchase?
    I want to get some more Velvia 50 before it's gone for good. I only discovered this stuff
    within the last year, so I want to get as much experience using it as I can while it's still
    available. I have been buying it in bulk 100' rolls, and loading it myself, but I'm wondering
    if I'm saving anything by doing it this way. B&H sells the bulk roll for about $100, they
    also sell 20 rolls for the same price, give or take a few pennies. I haven't kept track of
    how many rolls I get out of the 100' roll so I don't really have much to compare. I do
    know that my new film camera will only let me shoot 36 pics before it rewinds, so if I
    spool enough film for 40 pics, I'm loosing 4 frames. If I'm not saving anything, the it
    would be much more convenient to by a brick.
  • 12-03-2005, 09:16 AM
    another view
    Re: Brick or Bulk for film purchase?
    Let's see if we can figure this out... Each frame is 1.5" wide, X 36 = 54". Add a few inches on each end and you're probably about 62-64" total. Let's figure 60" which is 5' and that works out to 20 rolls, and maybe more like 19 depending on the leaders.

Go for the brick. ;)
  • 12-03-2005, 09:23 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: Brick or Bulk for film purchase?
    That was easy enough. Thanks Steve.