ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Breathtaking

Breathtaking

this is in reference to a comment in the critique forum...

it was said that there was nothing 'breathtaking' about an image, but that was not always important... or something to that effect.

anyway... i would like to hear what constitutes 'breathtaking' to some of you. what is that extra little somthin somthin that takes a solid composition to something extraordinary, is it subject matter? personal attatchment to the imagery? or is it something else, something intangible.

i dont know i think it would be fun to try and figure out though

joe

Liz

Re: Breathtaking

The first time I saw the results I got from my first "L" lens which happened to be the Canon 200mm/f2.8, I considered it breathtaking - compared to all the other lenses I've every had, it was awesome. For my photos - I previously never had results like this. I was especially in awe of the color, bokeh, quality of the images. I actually used the word "breathtaking" at the time.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by iJoe
    this is in reference to a comment in the critique forum...

it was said that there was nothing 'breathtaking' about an image, but that was not always important... or something to that effect.

anyway... i would like to hear what constitutes 'breathtaking' to some of you. what is that extra little somthin somthin that takes a solid composition to something extraordinary, is it subject matter? personal attatchment to the imagery? or is it something else, something intangible.

i dont know i think it would be fun to try and figure out though

joe

Thread Information