Boy is My Face Red....

Printable View

• 04-03-2005, 11:25 PM
    almo
    Boy is My Face Red....
    And is my heart ever pounding! I just got an offer on my D30 for $1000.00!!! I about soiled myself in my seat. But alas the guy thought that it was a "30D" as in a step up from the 20D. I don't know how he got that idea, but it just goes to prove the old adage, cuz man that one was way to good to be true.

Just incase anyone is interested, this is the link to my auction:

D30 on ebay.
  • 04-04-2005, 05:44 AM
    another view
    Re: Boy is My Face Red....
    ...and the other one: caveat emptor! :)

People do crazy things on ebay - pay more for something used than they could get it for new, for example. I really don't mind this if I'm the seller though.
  • 04-04-2005, 08:15 AM
    jar_e
    Re: Boy is My Face Red....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    People do crazy things on ebay - pay more for something used than they could get it for new, for example. I really don't mind this if I'm the seller though.

Neither do I, selling something for more then retail price is always a bonus:D
  • 04-04-2005, 09:40 AM
    Photo-John
    Classifieds
    Almo-
    Please use the classifieds here, too. A basic ad is free. And the more we use them, the better they'll work. I know ebay is the biggest market for used camera equipment. But if we all use and support the PhotographyREVIEW.com classifieds, they will get better. And they'll always cost less than ebay.

Did the guy who thought your camera was a 30D want to pay with a cashier's check or money order? Everyone who's selling online should look out for this scam. They'll appeal to your greed and offer you more than your asking. I can't remember what the excuse is. But the cashier's check or money order will be fake. I only accept cash or PayPal now. Or if someone insisted on a cashier's check or money order, I wouldn't ship until I successfully cashed it.
  • 04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
    almo
    Re: Classifieds
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Almo-

Did the guy who thought your camera was a 30D want to pay with a cashier's check or money order? Everyone who's selling online should look out for this scam. They'll appeal to your greed and offer you more than your asking. I can't remember what the excuse is. But the cashier's check or money order will be fake. I only accept cash or PayPal now. Or if someone insisted on a cashier's check or money order, I wouldn't ship until I successfully cashed it.

I don't know how he woulda payed. He changed his mind when he realized that it was a d30 and not a 30d.