Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!

Printable View

• 05-08-2005, 10:08 PM
    walterick
    4 Attachment(s)
    Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!
    Don't look at these pictures cuz they suck but here are my shots of one of the better swing jazz bands out there Big Bad Voodoo Daddy ("Go Daddy-O," as seen in the movie Swingers) when they played in Richmond last weekend. Sing with a swing!
  • 05-08-2005, 11:23 PM
    jar_e
    Re: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!
    Great shots,

Love the full band going on there! Maybe a little before my time though:p
  • 05-09-2005, 09:52 AM
    villenadecorte
    RIIIIIGGHHHHT ON!
    Or should I say.... Money Baby Money!
    (Swingers!)
    BBVD is one of my favorite, and I have choreographed so many times to them for my tappers!

It dont mean thing..... if it aint got that swing...... dooo bop doo bop do waaaaaaaa
  • 05-09-2005, 07:26 PM
    walterick
    LOL

Baby you're so money and you don't even know it! Who's the bigger winner tonight? Mikey is!

Yeah, they were pretty kickin. I was dancin with my baby as best we could on the grass :) Would <i>definitaly</i> see them again!

I used to swing dance a lot more than I do. BBVD is a little fast for my taste sometimes but damn they sound good. I would like to see Brian Setzer some day. I bet his sound is just amazing live.

With all my free time :rolleyes: I might just try to start giving private ballroom/swing lessons in Phoenix when I get set up out there. Both of my parents teach and I am at least as good as they are :D

Sing with a swing!
    Rick
  • 05-09-2005, 07:29 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jar_e
    Maybe a little before my time though:p

Jared, I hope not! Their real shot was in the movie Swingers with Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn I wanna say it came out in 99? You're not younger than that are you? :)

If you've ever heard someone say "baby you're so money" that's where they got that.

BBVD had a couple of radio songs when the swing thing was popular a few years ago. "You and me and the bottle makes 3" was their big one I think.

Thanks!
    Rick
  • 05-09-2005, 08:39 PM
    drg
    ARrrrghhh,

I'm getting old. I saw the Stray Cats before they had a record deal! And Setzer has just gotten better with age I believe.

Zoot suits forever (o.k. I',m not old enough to remember the FIRST go around of the bright or striped wonders)
  • 05-10-2005, 11:03 AM
    villenadecorte
    right there with ya on the Stray Cats!
  • 05-10-2005, 10:04 PM
    walterick
    I saw the movie La Bamba last week and had a long-held suspicion confirmed - Brian Setzer plays Eddie Cochran ("Summertime Blues") in that movie :)
  • 05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
    villenadecorte
    Rick! YOU JUST NOW REALIZED THAT???? (LaBamba/Brian Setzer)

Currently, my teenage tap student (boy) is working on a piece I choreographed for him to Stray Cat Strut. Its amazing to see him appreciate the music. He completely digs it and in the process is making me feel old! I don't know how many times he asked how old the song is during our last lesson.
  • 05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
    walterick
    Rick! YOU JUST NOW REALIZED THAT????

yes - sheepish -

I always suspected it though...
  • 05-12-2005, 02:27 PM
    gahspidy
    Good stuff, and great music. Thanks for sharing it with us, Rick. I just recently heard an all girl swing band on the local radio "up and coming" program ( WNYC) they did a terrific version of "powerhouse". I bet you and Villena could chat up a storm on this subject.