ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Before and after: SNOW

the first was taken at 7pm last night the following are a couple hours after we woke up---
    at 8am

They say we are getting another 12" for a total of 26-37 inches....

I hate this forsaken place....

anyone else have pics of there snow??? ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Before and after: SNOW

I posted this 1st shot last week, the second I took yesterday. We got about a foot of snow Friday night, but we have nice blue skies today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before and after: SNOW-2934-packard.jpg   Before and after: SNOW-3114-packard-snow.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Not really a before and after, but around the neighborhood. Are we having fun yet?

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    the first was taken at 7pm last night the following are a couple hours after we woke up---
    at 8am

They say we are getting another 12" for a total of 26-37 inches....

I hate this forsaken place....

anyone else have pics of there snow??? ;)

I think you guys had like 30+ inches in Beverly the last time I checked! We 'only' got about 20ish out here in Townsend. Of course, we're used to it out here... whereas in Boston they have to close everything for days to get rid off all of the white stuff.
    I'm hoping to head out tomorrow with the camera around sunrise to get some shots... we'll see how the night goes

-Chris

Ah so you are dealing with your own mess. trying to shovel snow OVER drifts that are taller than I am (5'4") is brutal...as soon as we have it done the snowplows come and recover our entrance. what can you do...stay warm
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Okay, Before and After:

Lighthouse before:

After lighthouse:
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

I was thinking about you when I saw the weather. We only got in the 24 inch range. Of course I'm not at Logan getting on a flight. Hopefully things will get cleaned up and I can get out to FL tomorrow.

But don't feel too "sorry" for me. I'll be back in time for the next little system on wednesday.

I'll go get some picutres for you at half time.

Re: Okay, Before and After:

cool before and after Janie...amazing how different but alike everything looks...are you feeling better?
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    But don't feel too "sorry" for me.
    hear the tiny violins playing.... ;)

how are you coping with all this gross weather?
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

the best part

is neighbors walking thir pets---they see you shoveling ready to pop a lung and say "Isn't this beautiful" so magical---- The response that was on the tip of my tongue was"It'd be a heck of a lot more magical if your husband came over with his snowplow and helped us out"

the actual response was "no not really I hate snow" guess I should have been a little more chipper
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Re: Okay, Before and After:

Yes, everything does look quite different - but MAN! That wind! OW! lol I had to use my nikon coolpix with my adapter cover on it because my rebel was getting soaked in 1.5 seconds from the wind blowing the snow at me. I'm feeling better - been shoveling like crazy for the past two days, so good thing i'm better now! My tummy is starting feel a little queezy again, so I think i'll take it easy for a little bit. Went for a drive earlier and the plows did a great job. Thankfully, I have an Explorer and it's great in the snow anyway. Other people were driving way too close to everyone else and not stopping quite as easily as I assume they thought they would - so it's still fender bender city due to stupidity. So be careful everone! And don't drive stupidly!

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    cool before and after Janie...amazing how different but alike everything looks...are you feeling better?
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

I'm doing ok. and slowly remembering my childhood. Christmas helped wake me up to it. when I went home to Ohio they had just gotten 18 inches and it was 8F. I shocked everyone by telling them it was 60F when I left Boston that morning.

I'd much rather stay here that try to fly in this weather just to go someplace warm for 2 days, work, then come back.

Here's a few quick grab shots I took at sunset with the P&S.

The last shot is a dumpster for scale. we had about an inch from snow fall prior to 5:30 pm yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before and after: SNOW-blizz05_1.jpg   Before and after: SNOW-blizz05_2.jpg   Before and after: SNOW-blizz05_3.jpg   Before and after: SNOW-blizz05_4.jpg  

Love all the snow pics... (Especially Toot's - like the fast capture of the snow blower, and love the shots of the little things with lots of snow on them.) The drifts created some beautiful opportunities, that I didn't get to capture b/c the battery in my DReb died and I can't find my second one! (moved recently, life a mess - but at least I've found my charger.)

One of my mantras - at least when wearing my photographer-wannabe hat - is, "The best kind of weather is bad weather." Although, two or three more of these storms and I might give in and buy a snow blower.

Anyway, here are pics not before/after, but during, of the dam on the Charles in downtown Waltham, MA. Hope I didn't damage the DReb too much. The last one is severely underexposed and taken at 400 ISO, then histogram-adjusted and changed to B&W to look like a long-lost print from a century ago.

- Yaron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before and after: SNOW-snow1.jpg   Before and after: SNOW-snow3.jpg   Before and after: SNOW-snow4.jpg  
    <b>The conservative, rightist politician's nightmare:</b> "As to Taxes, they are evidently inseparable from Government. It is impossible without them to pay the debts of the nation, to protect it from foreign danger, or to secure individuals from lawless violence and rapine." - Hamilton to the Electors of the State of New York on Taxes, 1801

Add a yellowish sepia tint and it could be atleast two centuries
    ;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Man, you people are really getting pounded out there! I know it's bad in Eastern Canada as well(i"m north-central Can.) but haven't seen any pics lately.
    We get snow and freeze-your-bejeebers-off cold(wicked wind-chill) here but we haven't had a dump like that in years.
    Take it easy on the shovelling - there's always tomorrow. Good excuse to take a day off work and grab the camera.
    Toots -
    are tose really pics of Reno, Nevada!? I didn't even think you got snow there! Must be the altitude.
    Stay warm and keep cool.
    Cheers
    Jon

"shoot wide, shoot close"

Thread Information