ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Best compliment

Best compliment

I got the best compliment from my mom the other day. For Christmas, I had taken a year's worth of photos - mainly of my kids, but with some other relatives and scenic pictures thown in - and created a 20 page photo book.

She called to tell me that she loved it and that it brought her to tears. My mom is not prone to tears, so I thought that was the best compliment I could have gotten! It's great when someone can get that emotional about something you've created, even if it's your own mom.

Re: Best compliment

My son did something like that for me a few years ago. He put together a book of his photographs for a university photo class as a final project. He added a pictures of me that he had taken and dedicated the project to his old dad. It did bring a tear to this old timers eyes on Christmas morning.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

My wife, mother-in-law and I did one of my father-in-law's vietnam veterans reunions that he'd been to and presented it to him on it's birthday. He's a bit of a writer on we put one of his poems about the war and it's toll on a soldiers life on the back page, with a picuter of him from when he was young and just enlisted, and a silouhetted photo of him now looking over the ocean with waves crashing in front of him. It turned out real nice...

The photos technically sucked, cheap P&S in real now low light with my mother-in-law taking the pics who by no means regards herself as a photographer, but we were able to pick and edit enough to look good for the book.

Whick photo book service did you use? We normally use sony imagstation only because the offer the most flexibility in page layouts.

I used MyPublisher thru Costco website (20% discount). They had a few options with layouts but if I were to use them again I'd create the pages in Photoshop and import to give myself more flexibility. They certainly weren't fine art prints (180 dpi) but the colors were pretty true so there were no surprises there. They also had fantastic customer service. They had good documentation and when I asked a question, they typically got back within an hour (even at midnight).

I didn't even know you can do that through costco. The Sony customer service is quite terrible. We had a problem with an order, and it was a nightmare fixing it. On the other hand, though, because they run such a loose ship, twice now we have gotten an extra book at no charge.

Go figure.

BM

Thread Information