ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

before and after: 29lbs

So pretty much the before pic december 2004 is a pretty good indicator why I stopped doing self portraits ----

I started Weight watchers in April and 29 lbs later I can stand to look at myself again. I still have have 55 lbs to reach my ideal weight and since I have been sticking to it...I figured a photo journal would give me some incentive...

I will treat myself to a self portrait when I lose the next 15 pounds(halfway mark of sorts)

it's good to look at a pic and finally see myself again...even with no make up it looks a heck of a lot better than with make up in december...enjoy ;) wholy crappola I have a single chin again.

hope it inspires some of you out there that are struggling with weight...

disclaimer- this in no way portrays my views about weight and what's wrong or right to weigh---it just simply is my own hoorah for sticking to something and feeling healthier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails before and after: 29lbs-29.jpg  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

great job Natalie

When somebody makes a goal, and sticks to it that is something to be proud of. Thanks for sharing your progress, and I am very happy and proud of you.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Re: great job Natalie

gracias! how is married life treating you both...thanks for looking... maybe at the next Chicago gathering I can recalim my title...cuz when I lose all that weight---rick and adina better watch out ---it's onnnn!!!
    ;)
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Re: before and after: 29lbs

WOOT WOOT! Nat you Fabulous Fantastic Diva! I am so excited and proud of you. You are beautiful both ways hon, your light always shines! I am so happy that you are happy and stuck out a goal!
    YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK SQUIRT!
    (from Nemo!)

BIG HUGS AND KISSES FROM CALIFORNIA
    Bek
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

xoxoxxo back at ya...

hey can you shoot me another email about the wedding stuff. I have some time on Wednesday night to answer emails...

thanks for looking chica--- and for cheering---I heard it all the way here.
    I figured this post is good for accountability too...no turning back now...
    ;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Ghost

Wow, you're doing a great job! I've been struggling with weight too but have finally found a routine that works for me...eat healthy, exercise, and watch your portion sizes! I'd like to lose another 10 pounds and then I will likely start eating bad foods again on occasion

Congratulations on your terriffic success!

Trevor, What?! You look so fit...what poundage could you possibly need to loose? Oh well, a goal is a goal. You look great.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Nat- I will been crazy nutso busy here. Ugh. More self ports honey!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Great work!!

It's such a good feeling to be able to look back and see the progress isnt it!

Hope you acheive your goals.

Kieran.
    'Tis My Website...

*whistles innocently*

Aww Natalie, that's quite an accomplishiment. So awesome, and such an inspiration! Great job girl!
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    I'd like to lose another 10 pounds and then I will likely start eating bad foods again on occasion

Congratulations on your terriffic success!
    portion control is everything for me...I will pick up exercising in about a month or too...

I 'm glad your on your way to being healthier---although I agree that you don't need much to improve on cause you are quite the hottie <-------- (that's what I would say if I wasn't married)
    ;)

more self portraits from you...you were going somewhere with the lighting and headshots you did a while back...more please (just a pseudo interest in the self portraits---- us girls just wanna get another look at you ) you blushing yet?

thanks for looking and sharing your goals
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

While I myself could ALWAYS see the beauty you possess....

DAMB RIGHT GIRL.... you are keeping to your goal and it shows!

Sorry I haven't replied to your latest email(busy busy and I have 2 bruised ribs and my kidney hurts still), BUT when I opened it I said " holy sh!t.. she is loosing alot of weight!"
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    Nat- I will been crazy nutso busy here. Ugh. More self ports honey!
    I feel your pain... work is stressful but I love it...the bar is raised and I'm now assistant/store manager in training.... in two months I have to be fully functional to run the store by myself---since he will be training and assisting the opening of other stores. ugh...no pressure....

self portraits will come after my arse gets smaller...I wanna be able to do a portrait like yours except my arse is so big right now that you might only see my cheek and no head over it LOL ;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    Great work!!

It's such a good feeling to be able to look back and see the progress isnt it!

Hope you acheive your goals.

Kieran.
    hey you thanks....thanks for the well wishes...
    ;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Aww Natalie, that's quite an accomplishiment. So awesome, and such an inspiration! Great job girl!
    muchas gracias.... glad I could inspire...been struggling with weight issues for about 8-9 years...when you get married and have a family it's so easy to take care of yourself...you can probabaly relate ...thanks for cheering and looking Lara
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    While I myself could ALWAYS see the beauty you possess....

DAMB RIGHT GIRL.... you are keeping to your goal and it shows!

Sorry I haven't replied to your latest email(busy busy and I have 2 bruised ribs and my kidney hurts still), BUT when I opened it I said " holy sh!t.. she is loosing alot of weight!"
    inner beauty is good but really I just wannna be a hottie

sick and tired of having the 'ole cliche..."what a pretty face you have"...forget that....

Larry is very happy hope Michelle is doing well...

how'd you hurt you ribs fool??? xoxoxoxoxox
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Talking Way To Go Natalie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    So pretty much the before pic december 2004 is a pretty good indicator why I stopped doing self portraits ----

I started Weight watchers in April and 29 lbs later I can stand to look at myself again. I still have have 55 lbs to reach my ideal weight and since I have been sticking to it...I figured a photo journal would give me some incentive...

I will treat myself to a self portrait when I lose the next 15 pounds(halfway mark of sorts)

it's good to look at a pic and finally see myself again...even with no make up it looks a heck of a lot better than with make up in december...enjoy ;) wholy crappola I have a single chin again.

hope it inspires some of you out there that are struggling with weight...

disclaimer- this in no way portrays my views about weight and what's wrong or right to weigh---it just simply is my own hoorah for sticking to something and feeling healthier.
    I want to lose 10 pounds. Sounds easy enough. You are truly an inspiration!

Oh yeah, I posted those other photo's you wanted to see under the "Other Hobbies" post. :-D

BTW, I love your Yoda quote in your signature! ;-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Re: Way To Go Natalie!!!

Congrats Nat!

I know how difficult it is, been working sticking to my exercise routine. Much easier to lay in bed...

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Fell at work ..which is a non OSHA approved environment ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm You are one heck of a cutie. Its easy to see why your kiddlets are so adorable.

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Fantastic, and guess what?

I can personally relate to what you're accomplishing, Nat. I, too decided I've finally had enough of being overweight. I've never been heavy in my life, and put on all the extra weight in recent years since I moved up to Central Florida. I see pics of me (like those taken at the Chicago Gathering) and I honestly don't know who that person is.

Anyway, I've lost 20lbs. in the last couple of months by getting back to what I love to do: eating right and working out a lot. I've also gotten back to getting up early, and now find I'm getting much more work done, and feeling infinitely better about myself...

Keep it up!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Way to go Nat!!! A little weight loss always improves my mental outlook as much as anything. I hope that I can be as focus on the task as you have been. Doc says take it off, but it isn't him giving up the pasta and the cheeseburgers. Oh well....
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Way to go Nat!!! A little weight loss always improves my mental outlook as much as anything. I hope that I can be as focus on the task as you have been. Doc says take it off, but it isn't him giving up the pasta and the cheeseburgers. Oh well....
    I have a bacon cheeseburger once a week
    (whopper with cheese/bacon) really and I still eat fast food I just even out with other less fattening things...on that day...

I haven't given up any foods I like just the heartburn and stuffed to capacity feeling...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Re: Fantastic, and guess what?

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Anyway, I've lost 20lbs. in the last couple of months

Keep it up!
    yay you!!!! you still hold the title so far for nicest legs on PR (based on the pic of you in your moderator page) and meeting you at the Chicago gathering didn't alter any preconceived ideas of how good looking I thought you were
    ;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm You are one heck of a cutie. Its easy to see why your kiddlets are so adorable.
    LOL your funny....how was your mini getaway?
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information