ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Been Gone a Long Time...

Lots a new names here, as well as alot of familiar ones!! I just hope the familiar ones remember who I am....
    Anyways, I've been really busy this past year. My wife got pregnant in February, we bought our first home (a condo) in March (a new build that we moved into in July) and my wife Jennifer had a baby boy on November 9th, 2005!! His name is Ethan, and he weighed in at 6lbs, 8oz. at birth, which was at 11:59am via c-section. This is a picture of him at one month. He now weighs about 8lbs, and both mother and baby (and me ;) ) are doing great. It's really been an exciting, happy year, with a bit of stress and anxiety thrown into the mix as well.
    My photography was put on the backburner this past year, but I'll be picking it back up very soon. I also hope to spend more time on the computer other than just a few minutes at a time here and there. Thanks for looking and I'm glad to see everyone is doing well.
    Happy Holidays!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Been Gone a Long Time...-dsc_5900-ethan-eyes-open-close-1-preview.jpg  
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

Re: Been Gone a Long Time...

Welcome back Brian and congratulations to you and the family. Haveing a child is a big big deal I know I have two and it just goes down here from here on it, you life isn't your own anymore till the fly the nest. Nah just kidding it is a great time in your life and flies past. My two are now 12 (nearly 13) and 10 years old and we love the greatly.

Enjoy the xmas and new year break, good to see you around again.

Great to see you back Brian and congratulations on the birth of your handsome new baby. Also on your new home!

I have a grandson Ethan! Great name. ;)
    Lara

Welcome back and congrads!

Liz

Welcome Back Brian! It's good to see you around. Thanks for posting such a beautiful picture of your newborn son. Congratulations!

Nice job with the photography too! I hope you're come around again soon!

Liz

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Brian!! ALL good news!!!!! If you ever get back to NJ we will definately have to meet up again and the DRINKS are one me! OH wait.... Root beer for us right

I became an uncle, which is WAY COOL. You had to go one up me huh ;)

I have often wondered how you were doing in the last few months since I got me my own little forum. PLEASE come over to nature and wildlife and post one of those amazing mountain sceens you are(were) so good at capturing!

You went and got all domestic huh? Nothing wrong with that
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Great to hear from you again. Thanks for the update and congrads on the new addition to the family. My daughter made me a grandfather for the first time this year as well so I know a little about this new baby thing. Hope to see lots more pictures of him over the coming months. Welcome back.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Talking Congratulations Papa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoamigo
    Lots a new names here, as well as alot of familiar ones!! I just hope the familiar ones remember who I am....
    Anyways, I've been really busy this past year. My wife got pregnant in February, we bought our first home (a condo) in March (a new build that we moved into in July) and my wife Jennifer had a baby boy on November 9th, 2005!! His name is Ethan, and he weighed in at 6lbs, 8oz. at birth, which was at 11:59am via c-section. This is a picture of him at one month. He now weighs about 8lbs, and both mother and baby (and me ;) ) are doing great. It's really been an exciting, happy year, with a bit of stress and anxiety thrown into the mix as well.
    My photography was put on the backburner this past year, but I'll be picking it back up very soon. I also hope to spend more time on the computer other than just a few minutes at a time here and there. Thanks for looking and I'm glad to see everyone is doing well.
    Happy Holidays!!
    Welcome back to the boards my friend!

Glad to hear that you, Jennifer and Ethan are doing well!

We'll be expecting to see many more photo's from you now.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Welcome Back!

What a handsome little guy! And a great excuse for satying away from us for a while. In fact, I can't think of a better reason. But I'm glad you're back. And I guess you have a new photo subject to focus on, huh?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks Everyone!!

We appreciate the very nice comments and congrats about the baby. Lil' Ethan is great little boy!!
    Paul, most definitely we will have to make it back out there and hopefully soon, but dude, you gotta make it out to CO. this summer. There are quite a few birds out here too ya know. ;) Congrats on the Uncle gig!!
    PJ, Ethan definitely gives me another subject to shoot, and it''ll be a challenge for me because I shoot mostly landscapes and don't shoot alot portrait/people/candids. I think I'll be spending more time in the lighting forum learning some new tricks and getting tips from the good portrait photogs here.
    Again, I really appreciate all the well wishes from everyone and I'll be trying my best to post more on the boards. The little guy keeps us pretty busy at the moment but it's already starting to slow down a bit. Here is hoping this next year is just a good as the last, but just a little less busy!!

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

Thread Information