Bad Girls - No Bikes

Printable View

• 09-22-2004, 11:20 AM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Bad Girls - No Bikes
    I just wanted to show you guys that I've been taking pictures of something besides mountain bikes. This was a fun shoot, although it was a bit humbling since I'm not so good with the lighting yet. I'm pretty happy with this one, after some heavy PS processing.
  • 09-22-2004, 11:53 AM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I just wanted to show you guys that I've been taking pictures of something besides mountain bikes. This was a fun shoot, although it was a bit humbling since I'm not so good with the lighting yet. I'm pretty happy with this one, after some heavy PS processing.

The pose looks great, but the rest of the image just looks kinda snapshoty to me. Of course I am not one to judge about that....lol.

almo :D
  • 09-22-2004, 11:57 AM
    Clicker
    Heavy PS... ? did that include painting their pants on?

Just kidding.. It their facial expressions definitely give a Bad Girl Feel to this photo. I **LOVE** the red tipped hair... did you do that?

j/k.

what was your light set up, as I see some highlights on the sides of their shirts that are very interesting...
  • 09-22-2004, 12:24 PM
    Photo-John
    The background
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almo
    The pose looks great, but the rest of the image just looks kinda snapshoty to me. Of course I am not one to judge about that....lol.

I think the snapshoty feel is mostly due to the background. The lighting is pretty much what I wanted. But the cluttered, uncontrolled background is sort of a drag. I wanted a natural apartment background. But I found I just could control it enough. Live and learn.
  • 09-22-2004, 12:26 PM
    mtbbrian
    Work It John! Work It!
    In PhotoShop that is.... :rolleyes: :D ;)
    Fun image!
    What was the assignment anyway?
    Brian
  • 09-22-2004, 12:50 PM
    Liz
    Lighting......
    John -

Clicker wrote "I see some highlights on the sides of their shirts that are very interesting..."

I noticed this too. It's not background kind of stuff. Take a close look at the sides of the shirts the girls are wearing. There is a sort of "wavy" light or glow. Is there a white stripe on each side of the shirt itself? It shows up on each side under the arms. I was trying to figure out what it was.

Liz
  • 09-22-2004, 01:04 PM
    Photo-John
    Stitching
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    I noticed this too. It's not background kind of stuff. Take a close look at the sides of the shirts the girls are wearing. There is a sort of "wavy" light or glow. Is there a white stripe on each side of the shirt itself? It shows up on each side under the arms. I was trying to figure out what it was.

You're correct. It's a zig-zag stitched seam that was done in white thread. It does look a bit like a weird lightnig effect, now that you mention it.
  • 09-22-2004, 01:05 PM
    Photo-John
    T-Shirt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    In PhotoShop that is.... :rolleyes: :D ;)
    Fun image!
    What was the assignment anyway?
    Brian

The purpose of the photos is to advertise the T-shirts. They're the real subject. Although it's a more of a "lifestyle" image tan a product photo. We're selling attitude :-)
  • 09-22-2004, 01:11 PM
    Speed
    I wanted a natural apartment background
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I think the snapshoty feel is mostly due to the background. The lighting is pretty much what I wanted. But the cluttered, uncontrolled background is sort of a drag. I wanted a natural apartment background. But I found I just could control it enough. Live and learn.

Is there such a thing?

"But the cluttered, uncontrolled background is sort of a drag."

You and me both!

I have concluded that there is no such thing as a natural apartment (house, work,etc) background. No matter how natural, unless you are VERY good with placing certain (and limited) items in the shot, it comes out looking cluttered!

Great shot though. They definitely look like bad girls to me!