Back from Whistler, BC

Printable View

• 06-29-2004, 04:03 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Back from Whistler, BC
    I got invited to Whistler for a mountain bike product introduction, last week. Whistler has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I've been there a couple of times before, but this was the best trip ever. They flew us from Vancouver to Whistler via sea plane, and we got to ride a new lift and brand new trails the day before they were opened to the public. And if you like the mountains and outdoor sports, Whistler has something for everyone. If you're a mountain biker with downhill tendencies, then you already know it's absolutely the greatest place on earth.

I'll be posting a complete story in the next couple of days, on our mountain bike site, www.Mtbr.com. Thanks to Marzocchi suspension and everyone else who helped make the trip happen.
  • 06-29-2004, 04:06 PM
    Photo-John
    2 Attachment(s)
    The mtb photos
    Here are the obligatory ride photos. Don't look if you don't like mountain biking. Awwwww, look anyway! Whistler is beautiful and you know I always try to make the backgrounds pretty :D

Both of these photos were taken on the new, upper trails, accessed from the new Garbanzo lift.
  • 06-29-2004, 04:09 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Bicycle Trials
    This is a photo of Ryan Leech, one of the best bicycle trials riders in the world, and a truly wonderful person. He travels all around the continent doing trials demos, pretty much all by himself. He told us he's already done over 100 shows this year.
  • 06-29-2004, 04:09 PM
    frannymac
    Great Perspective...

I was able to spend some time in Whistler for Christmas/NewYear 99/00. For a girl from the tropics it was incredible! It's amazing to see it so green - such a different memory to the one I have! Thanks for sharing this.

Fran
  • 06-29-2004, 04:10 PM
    Charles Hess
    That area is simply beautiful and looks like a mecca for bikers. Your biker shots are really first-class, P-J, and some of the best I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing these.
  • 06-29-2004, 04:11 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Oh, Canada!
    There's not much to say about this photo. Just feel it.
  • 06-29-2004, 04:32 PM
    adina
    I'm with Charles
    I love your bike shots.

They send you to these places and you get to ride and take pics? And they pay you? Wow, you must have a really cool job! :)

adina
  • 06-29-2004, 04:48 PM
    Liz
    Awesome..
    Wow! What scenery. Great photos........I especially like the last one here. Looks like you had a great time.

Glad to have you back. :)

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    There's not much to say about this photo. Just feel it.

• 06-29-2004, 09:34 PM
    mjm
    went snowboarding up there last year. i cant wait to go back. i am getting chills just looking at this thread!! :D :D :D :D :D
  • 06-30-2004, 07:35 AM
    mtbbrian
    Dude!!!!!
    I don't know what else to say other than GREAT STUFF!!
    Even though I truly LOVE the bike photos, I think your best image is the flag one.
    Can't wait to see what you post on MTBR!
    Brian
    DUDE!!!
  • 06-30-2004, 09:17 AM
    Seb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I got invited to Whistler for a mountain bike product introduction, last week. Whistler has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I've been there a couple of times before, but this was the best trip ever. They flew us from Vancouver to Whistler via sea plane, and we got to ride a new lift and brand new trails the day before they were opened to the public. And if you like the mountains and outdoor sports, Whistler has something for everyone. If you're a mountain biker with downhill tendencies, then you already know it's absolutely the greatest place on earth.

I'll be posting a complete story in the next couple of days, on our mountain bike site, www.Mtbr.com. Thanks to Marzocchi suspension and everyone else who helped make the trip happen.

Great stuff John!

I can't wait to visit B-C (although I wont pass by Whistler) this august.

regards

Seb
  • 06-30-2004, 11:03 AM
    Judland
    Thanks for posting these, John.

Reminds me of the things I should be thankful for as a Canadian.
  • 06-30-2004, 11:10 AM
    Photo-John
    Strong and Free!
    No problem. I love Canada and I hope it shows. My father is from Alberta and I lived in Toronto and Fredericton when I was a little kid.
  • 06-30-2004, 02:46 PM
    Acadian
    Canada rocks for sho! Great pics John - guess we were kindda neighbors when we were young! ;)
  • 06-30-2004, 03:56 PM
    Photo-John
    For sure, eh!
    I tink I remember passing you on my Skidoo. Poutine for all my friends!
  • 07-01-2004, 07:25 AM
    Judland
    Don't forget the maple syrup, eh!! :D
  • 07-01-2004, 08:04 AM
    berrywise
    Nice!
    Five or six years ago could you have ever imagined that this is what you would be doing today? Traveling around the world taking photos of mountain bikes, being the lead guy on your own popular photography webpage?

Out of sight I tell ya. I enjoy all that you do for the site John.

scott
  • 07-01-2004, 10:36 AM
    Photo-John
    Can't complain
    Scott-
    Yeah, buddy! This isn't at all what I would have foreseen. It was all motorcycles back then. The lesson is - keep your eyes and your mind open, be willing to learn, and stay flexible. You never know where opportunity might take you. And it's best to follow the flow and not get your mind too fixed on any one thing. PhotographyREVIEW.com, Mtbr.com, and ConsumerREVIEW.com have been very good to me.
  • 07-02-2004, 09:42 AM
    ThoughtfulPirate
    Awesome! I want to go soooo bad. You always post pictures from all these places I want to ride.
  • 07-02-2004, 10:57 AM
    natatbeach
    o.k. so I hope I don't get banned
    or have my privileges cancelled but I so don't enjoy biking shots BUT (o.k. stop booing so I can say my piece) I really think you have a way of taking these shots and making them interesting. they appeal to a photographer not just a "biking" person... if you catch my drift. these are very nicely done and I appreciate your style and making me want to look at these thru your artistry. beautiful Canadian flag shot... ;)