ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July

Yeah, more mountain bike photos. Click the back button now if you can't handle it

On the 4th, Jenni and I did our first ride this year on what many of us think is the Salt Lake City area's best trail - Wasatch Crest. It's so nice to get up at the top of the mountains. The wildflowers are just beginning to bloom and there's still plenty of snowy peaks in the distance. The trail tops out at about 10,000 feet and has plenty of singletrack twisting through the aspens. It's soooo good and was a perfect way to spend the 4th.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July-dsc00963.jpg   Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July-dsc00995.jpg   Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July-dsc00944.jpg   Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July-dsc00993.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

A Bit Of Tech

It's not all smooth, flowy singletrack. Here's a technical bit called "The Spine" that Jenni decided to save for the next ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July-dsc00997.jpg  
    Photo-John

Wasatch Crest Panoramic

A panoramic shot of the Wasatch Mountains taken with Sony's sweet iSweep Panorama feature. I am really digging this feature on the TX5 point-and-shoot I've been using. You just press and hold down the shutter release and pan the camera and it automatically takes the photos and assembles them into a panorama. It's the simplest, most effective in-camera panoramic function I've experienced so far.

If you want to view a much larger version of this panoramic, visit the Photo-John member gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July-dsc00939.jpg  
    Photo-John

Parting Shot

Jenni, looking out towards Big Cottonwood Canyon. Just a few months ago we were skiing over there. And in December we'll be skiing there again. Life is good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back In The High Country - My 4th Of July-dsc00990.jpg  
    Photo-John

Thread Information