ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Back from Hawaii... more pics!

Okay, Delta sucks - have to say that right now to warn everyone how absolutely awful that airline has been and made this the absolute trip from HELL! They sat on the tarmack saying a truck was in the way for an HOUR and we missed our connecting flight from Atlanta to Honolulu so we were stuck in a shotty hotel in Atlanta and lost a full business day to deal with my grandfather, which was not good. The food sucked - it was like chicken flavored jello. The flight back was crazy! The seats were extra tiny and close together - Alaska airlines was so nice compared to delta! We transferred in cinncinatti to a teenier plane that was down 2 flights of stairs on the tarmack - we had to carry our rolling carry on and they made us leave our carryon on the tarmack - didn't tell us until we were on the plane that we should have taken the laptop out of our bag to carry on the plane. When we got to newark, they made us sit on the plane for a half hour because we apparently had our greedy governer cody on the friggin plane and wouldn't let us off until he got his fat butt off. We again had to carry our carry on up 2 flights of stairs then when we got there they said, oh, there was an elevator - guess they forgot to tell you that on the plane. ARGH! NEVER AGAIN!

So, more pics, i'm working on the last bit that I took before leaving. I'm heading back there in a couple weeks to get my grandfather and will probably be there for a few weeks. Not via Delta! lol

http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Back from Hawaii... more pics!

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful....sorry to hear about the trip tho'...I hate to fly anymore...I remember the old days when customer service was the key...now it's pack you in like sardines and treat you like *$$&*&()%*^%#)&). Well, I hope your next flight is better and your grandpa is doing better.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful....sorry to hear about the trip tho'...I hate to fly anymore...I remember the old days when customer service was the key...now it's pack you in like sardines and treat you like *$$&*&()%*^%#)&). Well, I hope your next flight is better and your grandpa is doing better.
    Ken
    Thanks for the photo compliments! I just posted more - you can actually look at the directory I keep uploading photos to as I edit them here: http://bizfx.com/windowseat/

I will end with this photo, which i thought turned out pretty cool!

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

drg

Janie,
    Great bird of paradise shot. Love those flowers! I don't fly anymore unless its an absolute necessity. Delta is not a good choice at this time with their financial problems.

Best wishes for you and your grandfatherly concerns. (will look forward to HI pics whenver)
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

whereabouts were you when you took that airplane/cloud shot, and what day was it?

I think it was a bird-of-paradise shot that first blew me away when I got my Rebel.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Liz

Nice shots Janie! A good way to "console" yourself when the trip isn't so pleasant.

I especially like this last one - love the color of the plane/wing.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    Thanks for the photo compliments! I just posted more - you can actually look at the directory I keep uploading photos to as I edit them here: http://bizfx.com/windowseat/

I will end with this photo, which i thought turned out pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    whereabouts were you when you took that airplane/cloud shot, and what day was it?

I think it was a bird-of-paradise shot that first blew me away when I got my Rebel.
    I took the airplane cloud shot on my way home from Hawaii - it was somewhere between california and Ohio at sunrise - I couldn't sleep so I figured I'd bug the hell out of everyone iwth the sound of my shutter! lol I was sititng right over the engine (as you could see) so it was rather noisy!

Member:

Thread Information