ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Back from Asheville, NC

Impromptu long weekend in the mountains. While we were there, we went to Pearson Falls (not sure if that's spelled right, or if that's even what it was, actually). Couldn't tell you who took the falls photos, as my lens died and all we took was the p&s. I think they are mine, but my kids are getting pretty good. The black and white is the last frame from the 70-200 f/4L, which decided it was done focusing. There was a grinding noise, and then no focusing. When we got back to the house I took it off the body and realized there was something rattling around in there. Going to have it looked at, but my 70-200 f/2.8L with IS should be here tomorrow.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Wink Re: Back from Asheville, NC

Oh, I see how you are! Come to North Carolina and don't bother telling anyone!

Sorry to hear about your lens. Hope you had a great time otherwise.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Liz

Re: Back from Asheville, NC

Welcome back Adina. Nice shots you - or your daughter - captured. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

I just wanted to mention that the focus on my 50mm/f1.4 died and I almost chucked it thinking it wouldn't be worth fixing. However, Canon fixed it for $85. I love this lens and a new one would have been $325. They replaced "inners" - the whole focusing system. It works better now than it ever did. You might want to get an estimate from Canon - that way you might get a nice price for it if you are planning on selling it.

Congratulations on your new lens - awesome! I'll look for the photos.

Liz

Well if those falls pictures are the kids you're doing something right with them. Nice images. Sorry about the lens, but how else would you have gotten the update? Hope your weekend was relaxing and enjoyable. I spent the weekend in Nashville at my grandson's 2nd birthday party, lots of fun there!
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

looks like a nice place to visit and spend some time taking some nice pics ....

too bad about the lens ... could be an opportune time to switch over to nikon .... that D40 might be fate for ya:aureola:

I agree ... if them were taken by your daughters or whoever with the P&S ... something is being done right ...

I need to post the pics the boy took on his field trip to the milwaukee art museum with the wifes P&S... I was amazed at what he took pics of ... I must be rubbing off on him in our photo trips ....
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Thanks.

It was an impromptu trip, talked to my sil in L.A. and she said if we were going to go, she'd try to find a flight, we said if she found a flight, we'd meet her out there. Only spent about 2 days there, but we always have a good time.

New lens is here, I'm going to sucker...I mean...persuade...a friend to come over with her kid so I can test it out.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information