ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Back again, thought I'd say hello...

to everyone. I recognize a few names, see a lot of new ones. That's awesome.

I've got a little more time to participate here so thought I'd jump back in the mix.

Last year was a bummer in many ways but I've decided to not let it get me down.

Here's a quick sample of what kinds of shots I've been doing (I've tried to expand from my love of aviation).

We have a Confederate cemetary here in Fayetteville from the Civil War. Here's one of the better ones:

Bikes, Blues & BBQ is a huge motorcycle rally that comes here every year. I made it down there for a few hours and got some shots like this:

My son is now 14 months old and growing like a weed. What they say about having kids changing your life forever is soooo true! I'm having the time of my life with him!

And of course, I'm still going to airshows as often as I can. We had a "mini" airshow here last fall. The Canadian Snowbirds did a one day show during the week, the only other performer was a good friend of mine that did an awesome show in his Pitts S-1.

Hopefully I'll be getting reacquainted with old friends and making some new ones. I should be able to jump on every other night or so for a bit.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Talking Welcome Back Troy!

Great to see you back my friend!

Your son is 14 months old already? Where does the time go?

Here's one for you. My son got married last month.

Here's a recent shot of my children, taken at my son's wedding.

My Children

Hope to see much more of you buddy!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Re: Welcome Back Troy!

Nice shot of your kids! Congratulations to your son. It's gotta be kind of tough letting go wasn't it?
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Back again, thought I'd say hello...

Welcome back!!! I cruise through, but I am silent.

Thread Information