ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A Baby...some baby shots from today

I had taken some maternity shots for this mom and her daughter was born three weeks ago so here are some of the shots from this morning...they're pretty grainy and I botched a lot of the xposures...but eventually I'll get there.

these are heavily maipulated but I think they turned out well...for the most part..Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Opinionated Newbie
    You simply can not go wrong with newborn type shots. These go beyond the ooohh and ahhh though. They are very good images capturing a mood. They'd be great as a series in an album (I highly recommend that you check out ofoto's photo albums. They cna be put together in different layouts with captions. A great option over traditional albums. However, with ofoto, they appear more like a coffee table photo book).

I particularly like this image

The squished face is priceless!

these are really nice! I like the squished face too

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

thanks

thanks for looking ya'll

I wasn't so happy with the lighting available which further intensifies my wanting to get a good light set up (even one large soft box) ....ahhh...if only I was made of money..lol

Thanks again
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    thanks for looking ya'll

I wasn't so happy with the lighting available which further intensifies my wanting to get a good light set up (even one large soft box) ....ahhh...if only I was made of money..lol

Thanks again
    You could get yourself some sheer fabric to drap the windows with, that would be kinda like a soft box
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

They call me Andy... ACArmstrong's Avatar
    I absolutely love the calmness and serenity to your photos, Nat. It's as if you were an invisible entity just observing a moment in time. These are great.
    Andy Armstrong
    Please visit my photography site - Andy Armstrong Photography

I absolutely adore the last one. It's perfect! I like the fingers shot too. Might be fun to play with selective coloring, desaturation, and/or vignetting and feathering with that one.

The other two are very nice, but the one thing that bothers me about each is that a part of the baby's face is covered up, by the stuffed animal and by the mom's thumb. You have total control over these things, and just having mom move her thumb closer to her forefinger would have made the shot perfect. With the stuffed animal, I don't know if shifting it out of the way (the best solution IMO) would have woke the baby, so maybe you might have taken a slightly higher or more rightward angle to get the baby's mouth in the shot, which in my opinion would have made it perfect, again.

(ps. I learned this advice from great photographers this past week. It's really not "me" speaking. )

Thanks for sharing! Will you be doing more of this type of photography?
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

yeah I noticed all the parts missing...I caught alot while I was shooting but obviously not enough...baby was fussy and slept for about 30 minutes till daddy woke her up accidentally trying to get a shot...

I will definitely do more in a few weeks.
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by ACArmstrong
    I absolutely love the calmness and serenity to your photos, Nat. It's as if you were an invisible entity just observing a moment in time. These are great.
    that's funny I was originally going to use a "moment in Time as a name for my photo"business" and found a lot of people already had it... so went with Šlick photography

instead...a play on the copyright symbol and the click of a camera or mouse since I'm mostly digital...hokey but hey it's me
    ;)

Thnaks for the comment...I feel like I'm finally falling into my style and look...and if that's what you got from these then I'm half way there! thanks again
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

thanks I appreciate your comments...my passion lies with kids and maternity and women type shots...so it's where I feel the most at home.

I appreciate the tip on the photo books...I'm working on a powerpoint presentation for her to put the shots in astorybook setting.
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thanks Penny...chuks you always know just what to say...drop me a line let me know how things are going...xoxoxc
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Me Myself and I
    Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    thanks I appreciate your comments...my passion lies with kids and maternity and women type shots...so it's where I feel the most at home.

I appreciate the tip on the photo books...I'm working on a powerpoint presentation for her to put the shots in astorybook setting.
    Cute shots Nat!! Try using ProShow Gold (http://www.photodex.com) for slide show presentation. Quick and very easy to do!!

Thread Information