ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My First Stock Photo

My photograph, "Parking Lot" was accepted as a stock photograph by "Dreamstime.Com."

It will soon be available at URL: http://www.dreamstime.com/parking-lot-image5727647

This is my first for sale opportunity as a stock photographer.

Re: My First Stock Photo

Congratulations!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Don Schaeffer
    My photograph, "Parking Lot" was accepted as a stock photograph by "Dreamstime.Com."

It will soon be available at URL: http://www.dreamstime.com/parking-lot-image5727647

This is my first for sale opportunity as a stock photographer.
    Congratulations Don! The photo is up although a bit small. I'm not into "abstract" too much, but this is very creative - and interesting. I like the distant light in the background.

Thanks for sharing! I don't quite know what it a "stock" photography is - and what does "Dreamstime do with the photo?" Pardon my ignorance!

Liz

Thanks Oz and Liz. They sell the photos as downloads to subscribers for use commercially. I get 10% of the sale plus a small cash commisssion (at least thats what I understand). It could amount to about $30 per sale.

I am corrected by someone in my local club:

Oh ya you have it wrong. That $350 is for the extended use license and means you sell all the rights to one signle buyer - meaning that one person will be buying it for exclusive use. You'll see that the other prices are much much much lower. Your prices that you'll likely be dealing with are all those ones that range from $0.20 to $6.64 (assuming the image gets 100 downloads) and you only get 50% of the price meaning you're only getting $0.10 to $3.32. And as a typical micro stock site you won't see the money till your account hits $100.

Thread Information