• 09-21-2004, 12:59 PM
    adina
    B&W mode with the 20d...my first disappointment
    Well, after my thrilling discovery last week, I was sorely disappointed this afternoon. Sharing the results, but probably will never use them. The b&w mode shoots straight black and white, and then has four different tones. Sepia, blue, purple, and green. The shots are in that order.

adina
  • 09-21-2004, 01:01 PM
    adina
    And the green
    adjusted for size, but that's about it. Color is straight from the camera.

Disappointing....

adina
  • 09-21-2004, 01:04 PM
    Sebastian
    Did you try any of the filter modes?
  • 09-21-2004, 01:25 PM
    adina
    Not yet, after my disheartening experience I am done for the day. We are building a dollhouse (one of those hobby shop ones) and laying out all the individual cedar shakes so they could dry (flooded basement) was much more interesting....

Okay, I'm not that dramatic. Just ran out of time...

adina
  • 09-21-2004, 01:39 PM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Not yet, after my disheartening experience I am done for the day. We are building a dollhouse (one of those hobby shop ones) and laying out all the individual cedar shakes so they could dry (flooded basement) was much more interesting....

Okay, I'm not that dramatic. Just ran out of time...

adina

Wow, that's realistic - a dollhouse with a flooded basement. :D
  • 09-21-2004, 02:15 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Well maybe, but...
    adina,

This is kinda what I was saying, not that bw conversion in camera didn't have possibilities, but rather that you'd be sort of limited with the results as they are.

On the other hand, I hope you realize that all these shots could be improved dramatically in photoshop. It's just that if you're going to go to all that trouble anyway, you might as well start with a good color file and take it from there...
  • 09-21-2004, 08:38 PM
    Liz
    Adina
    Adina -

I'm sorry you were let down, but Steve is right. You can work with these in PS. You've done such great work with sepia, b&w. Maybe playing around with filters, etc. would make a difference. Try it all! Your daughter is beautiful.

BTW - Cowgirl is looking for you! Here's the link:

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...4254#post34254

I check all your b&w's - and am looking forward to seeing what you can do. :)

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Well, after my thrilling discovery last week, I was sorely disappointed this afternoon. Sharing the results, but probably will never use them. The b&w mode shoots straight black and white, and then has four different tones. Sepia, blue, purple, and green. The shots are in that order.

adina

• 09-22-2004, 05:53 AM
    adina
    What I was hoping for was a decent b&w starting point. If what it is going to give me is a muddy grey, I might as well shoot in color. Going to try the filters, though, crossing my fingers....

with a bit of ps...the blue one.
  • 09-22-2004, 05:54 AM
    adina
    won't load
    I'll try again later.
  • 09-22-2004, 06:04 AM
    adina
    does it work?