ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Australia!!

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Australia!!

Are there any members in the Wollongong/Illawarra area???
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Re: Australia!!

The only Ozzy member I know of is Peter_AUS. Don't know what part he lives in though.

Nice to have you on the forums, we need more Ausses.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

I know I'm quiet on this bb but didnt realise I was 'that' quiet!! I'm a Aussie!!!

Not in the Woollongong area, but I do know someone who lives there

I'm nearer to Melbourne

If you are looking for Aussie Photographers, might check out http://www.passionforpixels.com as it is mainly an Aussie site with lots of Aussies participating as well, where this site is mainly USA with a European influence as well.

I'm in Sydney which is about 2 hours north of Wollongong depending on traffic conditions.

That brought them out of the woodwork!!!!
    Falang dung nyai

Skyman

Quote Originally Posted by yogestee
    That brought them out of the woodwork!!!!
    I don't know what's what in Australia. But Skyman, who usually posts on the video forum, is a Aussie.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Welcome !!!

Welcome to the PR forums! I hope you'll stick around - we need more Aussies around here to keep Peter and Tink and a few others company. Besides, this is a great site for all photographers regardless of where they're from!

Liz

Are there any members in the Wollongong/Illawarra area???

Re: Welcome !!!

There aren't that many of us Aussies here, and a few have moved on as well to other sites, I know Toby did.

If people would just put there location in as town, state, country it would be so much easier to see who is where and ever find those close to home as well.

I know most of the state abbreviations in the USA, we had to actually learn all the states etc when I was in primary school, you would think it would be learn more about your own country wouldn't you, something that the Prime Minister here is push to be introduced again.

Here in Australia, to get citizenship you don't even have to speak English, let alone know anything about the country, unlike the rules in the USA where you have to meet all criteria to gain US citizenship which I think is a great idea.

No i'm not racist my wife is Filipino and I have a German/Irish/English background as well. But I am 4th Generation Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi.

Yes, I am. Back in the 70's when I worked for Immigration, to get citizenship you had to speak rudementary English and be able to at the least know when certain places where and who certain people were in the community. Know they have to know nothing and speak what ever they want. If that is to much to ask for then yes I probably am blowing off Steam, something I am allowed to do in the free speaking world.

Sounds like you are blowing off a bit of steam Peter!!!!
    Falang dung nyai

yogestee's post on my computer lists as #10 and mine as #9, it should be around the other way, as my reply was to yogestee's post.

Sometimes I hate this forum software, especially the 30 second rule imposed on everyone and this stupid software counting as slow as a snail. People don't work like this in the real world.

sorry john, yestoday being Australia Day and a public holiday i was out taking photos all day, otherwise i would have responded sooner (and the server at work went awol this morning and it took me a couple of hours to fix) Happy Australia Day everyone. I know we are spread out but maybe it is time to organise an australian gathering? let us know which parts of the great southland you are from. I am in Sydney currently admiring the play of the sunshine on the water of the Parramatta River but it is to hot to go outside and sit buy it.

G'day Skyman,,,an Aussie get together wouldn't be such a bad idea..I'm near Wollongong not that far from you..
    Falang dung nyai

Happy Australia Day for yesterday! I had to work in the heat of 42!! Ouch it was so hot out there!

A GTG would be great but I am from Geelong so miles away from you guys! Maybe next time

Meet you halfway!!
    Falang dung nyai

Meet you halfway!!
    just because wollongong is closer to melbourne than sydney..
    damn mexicans
    seriously though i reckon we pick a weekend and a place and just do it. i wouldn't mind wollongong it is a very photogenic part of the country and i can catch a train there (i don't drive) still offer up a few facourite spots and we can start the process of picking a place.

Well, i do have a friend there that I dont often see. I guess I could eventually work my way up there by car one day! Not too soon though. My hubby's getting a bit heady about me travelling places all the time ;) Last year, Gold Coast, Adelaide (twice!), Bendigo, and Melbourne Umpteen times! All just to meet up with my photography friends from the net!

Thread Information