• 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
    blackxfire
    Aspiring Photog Needs Your Vote.
    Hi all,

Only 2 days left, please go to this photography website and vote for my daughter Shannon Grant. She is a great aspiring photographer and needs our help! She is trying to win a mentorship with a professional photographer in Miami. To view Shannon's work you can check out her site, www.shannongrantphotography.com
    You can vote once every 24 hours.

http://www.kristenweaverblog.com/wor...ting-now-open/

Voting is open until April 22nd, so try to go everyday and vote!!

Thank you so much, Stan
  • 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM
    poker
    Re: Aspiring Photog Needs Your Vote.
    Done. Good luck.
  • 04-21-2010, 04:22 AM
    blackxfire
    Thank you so much! It would mean the world to her to be able to attend this opportunity. I am surpirsed more photogs on this forum haven't stepped up. Stan:thumbsup:
  • 04-21-2010, 12:58 PM
    blackxfire
    Bump, bump, Please cast your votes, only 1 day left. Stan:thumbsup:
  • 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
    Photo-John
    Voted!

I also moved your post to the ViewFinder forum. This isn't really off-topic. And you should get more attention on the ViewFinder forum :)
  • 04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
    Axle
    Done and Done.
  • 04-21-2010, 04:29 PM
    Liz
    OK voted - I hope she wins.... :thumbsup:

I like this quote she included on her website:

"Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field." - Peter Adams - Adams Sydney, 1987

Liz
  • 04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
    Greg McCary
    Got my vote, good luck.
  • 04-22-2010, 07:11 PM
    blackxfire
    Thank you John for moving the thread. Thank you to all who have voted. It is appreciated. The voting ends at midnight eastern tonight, so if anyone else wats to get in on the action you have about 2 hours. Thank you, Stan:thumbsup:

BTW: you can see her work at: www.shannongrantphotography.com
  • 04-22-2010, 07:44 PM
    Mitchsi
    Done! wishing her all the best....
  • 04-23-2010, 04:40 AM
    blackxfire
    Thank you to all the Photographyreview.com members who helped us pull this off ! Feel good in knowing you have help make one single mom and aspiring photographer very happy. You have made her YEAR!! She had a commanding 135 votes above 2nd place, that being 1702 votes to 1567!! Stan:thumbsup:

The Results!
    I suddenly feel like I should have hosted an episode of The Price is Right! Come on down (to Miami)!

Ok, but I know everyone is anxiously awaiting the results, so I’ll stop playing around.

After 6,812 total votes and 280 comments rooting along their favorite photographer – your friends, family, fans, and weird guy across the street, have joined forces and chosen a winner!

My poor Google Analytics almost had a heart attack with a whopping 44,000 pageviews this week.

The race got pretty heated in it’s final days, as first and second place flip-flopped more than … well, a lot.

So after checking the results and verifying the votes, I wanted to personally congratulate my first ever Photofusion winner…..

Shannon Grant!
    Come on down! You’re the next contestant on the…. wait, no. Nevermind.

You’re going to Miami!

And for all those curious about the standings – here’s the top 10 and their percentage of total votes:
    (there were 21 total contestants. places 11-21 accounted for 6% of the total votes collectively)

1st place: Shannon Grant – 25%
    2nd place: Redner Salonga – 23%
    3rd place: Sheri Baldwin – 11%
    4th place: Tisha Johnson – 10%
    5th place: Maris Ehlers – 8%
    6th place: Heather Blackwell – 6%
    7th place: Yuliya Callahan – 3%
    8th place: Rise Photography – 3%
    9th place: Noelia Kline – 3%
    10th place: Aaron Greenwood – 2%

Congratulations to every single person who entered. There was a lot of love going around this week, and I would have been thrilled to work with any of you!

… maybe we will do a group Photofusion next time….

7 comments
    Leave a Comment
    Link to This Post
    ■Stan: CONGRATULATIONS TO MY LITTLE GIRL!! MOM & DAD ARE SO PROUD OF THE EFFORT YOU PUT FORWARD TO RALLY THE TROOPS WELL I HAVE HAVE ALOT OF FORUM MEMBERS TO THANK. WE LOVE YOU 11
  • 04-23-2010, 07:39 AM
    ronin2307
    great to see that. i was late to the polls, but nevertheless happy for you and your daughter