ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

artistically impaired

my sad offerings...lol

I just can't "see" anything anymore these days due to life or lack of time to shoot...not sure...
    I think shooting weddings has impaired my sight.... anyways...just playing around...liked the light, liked the lines, liked the textures...not sure if anything else works....just sharing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails artistically impaired-rose2.jpg   artistically impaired-rose-1.jpg  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Re: artistically impaired

I like the top one. The light through the pedals of the flowers gives it a unique look!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

I hate to say this nat, cuz I feel so dern mean, but i have come to expect better from you. These look forced to me and at least to me the lighting is harsh in the second one.

Please don't hate me...;)

I think difusing the light would help some. I dunno i suck at these kinda shots myself so advice is a bit beyond me. I just don't see the depth i am acustomed to from your work in these images.

almo
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

axle- thanks for seeing the one part I really liked

Almo---it's honest and my conclusion--- I post in the hopes that maybe just maybe someone sees more than I did... I appreciate your opinion and I think there's something missing but not sure what... i got these flowers from a friend and I have olive green walls in my dining room and it' my favorite spot in th whole house(a hppy little world) and I took like 60 pics and never could get the feel or the look that I love so much...here's the color one....

will keep trying till the roses die ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails artistically impaired-dsc_3163.jpg  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I'm just a big meany butt. I really enjoy your work. I look up to it, and you. Just not these images. Although I kinda like the color one. I am such a girl...

almo
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    my sad offerings...lol

I just can't "see" anything anymore these days due to life or lack of time to shoot...not sure...
    I think shooting weddings has impaired my sight.... anyways...just playing around...liked the light, liked the lines, liked the textures...not sure if anything else works....just sharing

Nat I love the texture and detail in the first shot. I shot weddings for about ten years and have totally sworn off ever doing that again. The money was great and helped me to expand and add equipment to the camera family, but it totally sapped me. While shooting weeding I never seemed to have any kind of creativity and my over all drive and desire for the creative side just seemed to fade away. I know a lot of photographers thrive on wedding photography but it had just the reverse effect on me. I was in a foul mood before and after a wedding shoot. But as I said the money was great and I didn't give it up till I could do without the income.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information