Arizona images

Printable View

• 10-16-2005, 08:46 PM
    megan
    4 Attachment(s)
    Arizona images
    Hello all - I finally developed some black and white stuff from last April's Arizona trip - I thought I would share.
  • 10-17-2005, 06:20 AM
    Chunk
    Re: Arizona images
    Very nice Megan. I especially like the table and chairs.
  • 10-17-2005, 08:10 AM
    mtbbrian
    It's About Time!!
    I am glad you FINALLY got around to posting some more!
    :rolleyes: :D :p ;)
    I am with Chunk, I think the shadows of the table and chairs is the best of this lot.
    I like the textures, lines and patterns in it.
    I bet it makes a great print.!
    Brian
    ;)
  • 10-17-2005, 09:57 AM
    megan
    Replies
    Thanks! I was so excited to get that one, though the people at Einsteins bagels were getting a little uneasy about what I was photographing!
    :D

Isn't it one of those cruel photographic ironies that with all of the gorgeous landscapes, interesting adobe houses, and amazing cactii & textures in Tucson, the best image was taken outside of a franchise bagel shop in a strip shopping center?!

Megan
  • 10-18-2005, 04:21 PM
    Photo-John
    Beauty!
    Those are all nice. I don't know which one I like best. I guess I don't have to have a favorite, huh?

At first I liked the rocks. But then when I noticed comments on the patio furniture, I started to like that one better. The cactus are iconic symbols of Arizona, though. I just don't know...

I hope you'll post some in the gallery. The Toy Camera Gallery is one of my favorites. I want to see it grow large and mighty.

How much sunscreen did you have to use in AZ in order to keep your wonderful, goth, NYC pallor? :p
  • 10-19-2005, 06:02 AM
    another view
    Re: Replies
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    Isn't it one of those cruel photographic ironies that with all of the gorgeous landscapes, interesting adobe houses, and amazing cactii & textures in Tucson, the best image was taken outside of a franchise bagel shop in a strip shopping center?!

My favorite of this bunch too! I saw the thread title - then your name and knew it would be something different than I would have normally expected. Thanks for sharing!
  • 10-21-2005, 06:00 PM
    megan
    Re: Beauty!
    I just never stopped applying the sunscreen! Thanks for the comments.

Actually, I'm a bad goth, I actually like a little bit of a tan and some freckles now and then. But I did smother myself in 50. Still managed to get this Irish skin burned. I missed a spot and had a fire engine red triangle on my back. Gah.

And I'm almost definitely going back this December for the Christmas lights shot of 2005!
  • 10-21-2005, 10:59 PM
    mtbbrian
    Quote:

And I'm almost definitely going back this December for the Christmas lights shot of 2005!

Don't forget! Salt Lake City is close by!
    OK!
    Brian
  • 10-22-2005, 11:36 AM
    WickedExposure
    I really like the table and chairs. The shadows are vivid!
  • 10-24-2005, 08:54 AM
    walterick
    Quote:

Megan! Nice shots! Which part of Arizona are you coming to? Don't forget I'm in Phoenix :)

Rick
  • 10-24-2005, 12:54 PM
    megan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Megan! Nice shots! Which part of Arizona are you coming to? Don't forget I'm in Phoenix :)

Rick

I know. I would come in to Phoenix and spend most of the time in Tucson, but plan on spending a couple days in Phoenix - and would love to see you.
  • 10-24-2005, 12:56 PM
    megan
    Thanks. The sun was so strong and the shadows so perfect, I couldn't not take the photo!